Duncan James > Shakespeare Martineau LLP > Nottingham, England > Lawyer Profile
Shakespeare Martineau LLP Offices
WATERFRONT PLAZA, 35 STATION STREET
35 Station Street
- Go to...
Partner & Head of Corporate
Duncan works with fast growing family businesses and entrepreneurs to ensure they are successful and to help them achieve their goals through acquisitions, funding lines and exit and succession planning.
Duncan is head of our East Midlands corporate finance team.
He has a great reputation advising on mergers and acquisitions in the mid-market, and for working with management and family business owners to grow their businesses.
Duncan has experience in various sectors, particularly in life sciences, tmt and logistics.
Duncan’s clients include major international groups, SME’s and speculative start-ups.
“I get a real buzz from helping businesses and their owners be successful and assisting them to achieve their goals.”
Shakespeare Martineau LLP takes a ‘personal approach‘ to advising its clients, which range from entrepreneurs and start-ups to charities and large businesses. The corporate practice has specialisms in the logistics, life science and healthcare sectors, and is led by Duncan James, who has a particular expertise in advising family-run businesses. Edward Wright leads the commercial and IP team, which assists with technology transfer agreements, licensing work, franchise agreements and competition issues. Roger Harcourt manages the specialist healthcare industry group.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Real estate > Commercial property: Nottingham and Derby
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Elsewhere in East Midlands
- Private client > Family
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Nottingham and Derby
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Nottingham and Derby
- Employment > Employment
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Insurance > Professional negligence