Patrick Arben > Gowling WLG > Birmingham, England > Lawyer Profile
Gowling WLG Offices
- Go to...
Dispute Resolution Group.
Partner in the Dispute Resolution Group specialising in commercial litigation with a particular emphasis on the technology and outsourcing sector, and corporate investigations.
Qualified 1996; Wragge & Co 1999; director 2008; partner 2012; Wragge Lawrence Graham & Co, partner, 2014.
Law Society; Society for Computers and Law; ITech Law; Intellect.
Ingatestone Anglo-European School; University of Leicester (BA Hons History 1st class 1992); De Montfort University (CPE & LPC); University of Bristol (post graduate diploma in intellectual property 2001).
Family, rugby, football, history.
Gowling WLG is regularly instructed in high-stakes litigation, with a particular focus on the automotive sector. Andrew Litchfield, who leads the team, also advises on cases in the food and beverage, healthcare and hospitality sectors. Other key names include Andrew Smith, who focuses on contractual disputes, Andrew Nugent Smith, who is very active in the automotive sector; Patrick Arben, who is heavily involved in the technology sector, and energy disputes specialist Tom Price.
Gowling WLG‘s Birmingham-based commercial, IT and outsourcing department assists its national and international client roster, which includes a combination of technology start-ups, public sector organisations and large corporates, with a range of contentious and non-contentious matters. Sally Mewies has expertise in technology-related contracts, while Patrick Arben is a name to note for disputes. Other key names include Sarah Sasse, who frequently advises public sector clients on how to structure their procurements and commercial arrangements; David Brennan, who handles corporate transactions and Jocelyn Paulley, who has particular expertise in the retail and technology sectors as well as data protection and data centre practices.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Birmingham
- Real estate > Commercial property: Birmingham
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Birmingham
- Human resources > Employment
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy
- Real estate > Environment
- Human resources > Health and safety
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Human resources > Pensions
- Real estate > Planning
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Project finance and PFI