Sandy Foo > Rajah & Tann Singapore LLP > Singapore, Singapore > Lawyer Profile
Rajah & Tann Singapore LLP Offices
9 STRAITS VIEW
MARINA ONE WEST TOWER #06-07
- Go to...
Deputy Head, Corporate & Transactional Group
Head, Mergers & Acquisitions
Sandy Foo is the Deputy Head of Rajah & Tann Singapore’s Corporate & Transactional Group, and the Head of the firm’s M&A practice. A versatile specialist who is trusted by many “blue chip” clients including financial institutions, listed companies, multinational corporations, private equity firms and sovereign wealth funds, Sandy has vast experience in corporate and finance matters from years in practice as a lawyer in Singapore and London, and as legal counsel in BNP Paribas covering South-East Asia and India.
Having led numerous significant and award-winning deals over a period of almost 25 years, Sandy is a well-respected practitioner who has earned accolades and high praise from clients and peers alike.
Combining ‘local knowledge with world class service‘, Rajah & Tann Singapore LLP’s multidisciplinary start-up practice provides experience in structuring, preparing and executing private equity and venture capital transactions spanning asset classes and jurisdictions. The firm represents investors and start-ups in the tech space, with broad expertise including the fields of blockchain, crypto, foodtech and MedTech. M&A specialist Sandy Foo co-leads the practice with Tracy Ang, whose ‘experience is unparalleled’. Another key name in the team is Brian Ng, who is recommended as a ‘very experienced partner in VC deals’.
Particularly active on the cross-border front, Rajah & Tann Singapore LLP oversees a plethora of transactions relating to China, Indonesia, Philippines, Vietnam, Japan and South Asia, among other jurisdictions. The practice enjoys especially strong connections within the insurance, technology, healthcare, telecommunications, banking and real estate industries and is headed by Chia Kim Huat, a specialist in multijurisdictional M&A and joint ventures, private equity investments and capital markets affairs. Sandy Foo, who previously practiced in London, is one of the market’s foremost names for blockbuster deals meanwhile Lim Wee Hann is engaged by a number of biotech, health and pharmaceutical companies in respect of their cross-border divestments and acquisitions.
- Hall of Fame Singapore > Corporate and M&A: local firms
- Corporate and M&A: local firms Singapore
- Start-up and venture capital – Local firms Singapore
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Antitrust and competition: local firms
- Banking and finance: local firms
- Capital markets: structured finance, derivatives and securitisation: Local firms
- Construction: Local firms
- Dispute resolution: local firms
- Fintech and financial services regulatory: local firms
- Insurance: local firms
- Investment funds: local firms
- Labour and employment: local firms
- Private wealth and family law – local firms
- Projects and energy: local firms
- Real estate: local firms
- Restructuring and insolvency: local firms
- Shipping: local firms
- TMT: local firms
- White-collar crime - Local firms