Mr Eddee Ng > Tan Kok Quan Partnership > Singapore, Singapore > Lawyer Profile
Tan Kok Quan Partnership Offices
1 WALLICH STREET
07-02 GUOCO TOWER
- Go to...
Mr Eddee Ng
- Insolvency, Restructuring and Investigations
- Infrastructure and Projects
- Joint Managing Partner
- Co-Head of Disputes
- Head of Insolvency, Restructuring and Investigations
- Co-Head of Infrastructure and Projects
Eddee is Tan Kok Quan Partnership’s (TKQP) Joint Managing Partner and Co-head of the Disputes practice. He also leads the Insolvency, Restructuring and Investigations practice. In addition, he is Co-head of the firm’s Infrastructure and Projects practice.
Qualified in Singapore in 1997, Eddee commenced his legal career with Singapore law firm, Lee & Lee. He joined TKQP in 2000 and was made a partner in 2003.
Eddee has acted for international clientele in a wide spectrum of corporate and commercial litigation cases ranging from fields as diverse as banking, telecommunications, hospitality and wealth management. He has also been engaged in some of the most significant cross-border insolvency and restructuring matters in Singapore, notably acting for a US bank creditor in the restructuring of Asia Pulp & Paper in 2000 and for the Drydocks group of companies (subsidiaries of Dubai Ports World) in applying for a scheme of arrangement in 2012.
Eddee’s work has garnered plaudits from clients and the Best Lawyers where he has been named as one of the leading lawyers in the fields of Banking and Finance, and Litigation in Singapore since 2014. He is also ranked as a Recommended Lawyer for Dispute Resolution, and Restructuring and Insolvency by The Legal 500 Asia Pacific, 2017-2018. In addition, he was a finalist for the Asian Legal Business SE Asia Law Awards’ Singapore Managing Partner of the Year 2017 award and Asialaw Asia-Pacific Dispute Resolution Awards’ Disputes Star of the Year 2016 award.
As a testament to his expertise, Eddee was invited to be a member of the prestigious, invitation-only International Association of Defense Counsel.
- Member, The Law Society of Singapore’s Insolvency Practice Committee
- Member, The Law Society of Singapore
- Member, Singapore Academy of Law
- Member, International Association of Defense Counsel
- Member, International Bar Association
- Member, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- Fellow, Singapore Institute of Arbitrators
- Member, INSOL International
- Member, Insolvency Practitioners Association of Singapore
- Postgraduate Practical Law Course, National University of Singapore, 1996
- Bachelor of Laws (Hons), National University of Singapore, 1996
Singapore > Restructuring and insolvency: local firms
Tan Kok Quan Partnership focuses on contentious aspects that arise from the implementation of judicial management, schemes of arrangement, liquidation and complex cross-border restructuring and insolvencies, including related investigations. Eddee Ng and Paul Seah are the key partners.
Singapore > Dispute resolution: local firms
Tan Kok Quan Partnership receives frequent accolades for its presence in headline and big-ticket disputes, including commercial, banking and white-collar crime cases. It is further noted for shareholder, estate and joint-venture disputes. Marina Chin and Eddee Ng head the team and Paul Seah is also rated for high-stakes litigation. Keith Tnee is an emerging talent.