Mr Paul Seah > Tan Kok Quan Partnership > Singapore, Singapore > Lawyer Profile
Tan Kok Quan Partnership Offices
1 WALLICH STREET
07-02 GUOCO TOWER
- Go to...
Mr Paul Seah
- Insolvency, Restructuring and Investigations
Paul’s main area of practice is in civil and commercial disputes, where he has acted as lead counsel in some of Singapore’s most important and high-profile cases in recent years. Paul also has a speciality in insolvency and restructuring work, and has advised Singapore’s leading accounting firms and financial institutions in numerous well-publicised insolvencies.
Outside of legal practice, Paul chairs the board of Living Waters Methodist Church. He is also a council member of the Law Society of Singapore, and the co-author of a number of leading textbooks on civil and commercial litigation in Singapore.
In 2017, Paul garnered the Asialaw Asia-Pacific Dispute Resolution Awards’ Disputes Star of the Year award. He was also recognised by the Asian Legal Business as one of “40 Under 40 – Asia’s Brightest Young Legal Minds” in 2015. In 2014, Singapore Business Review ranked him as one of Singapore’s “20 Most Influential Lawyers 40 and Under”. In addition, Paul is ranked as a Recommended Lawyer for Dispute Resolution, and Restructuring and Insolvency by The Legal 500 Asia Pacific, 2017-2018. He is also ranked as a Leading Lawyer for Dispute Resolution, and Restructuring and Insolvency by Asialaw Profiles, 2017-2019.
Paul graduated from the National University of Singapore in 2005, and started his practice in TKQP after being called to the Bar in 2006.
- Director, Board of The Law Society of Singapore Pro Bono Services
- Member of Complaints and Disciplinary Panel under the Public Accountants Oversight Committee
- Chairperson, Living Waters Methodist Church
- Member, Board of Directors of Metropolitan YMCA Singapore
- Member, Council of The Law Society of Singapore
- Member, The Law Society of Singapore
- Member, Singapore Academy of Law
- Member, INSOL International
- Fellow, Insolvency Practitioners Association of Singapore
- Bachelor of Laws (Hons), National University of Singapore, 2005
Singapore > Restructuring and insolvency: local firms
Tan Kok Quan Partnership focuses on contentious aspects that arise from the implementation of judicial management, schemes of arrangement, liquidation and complex cross-border restructuring and insolvencies, including related investigations. Eddee Ng and Paul Seah are the key partners.
Singapore > Dispute resolution: local firms
Tan Kok Quan Partnership receives frequent accolades for its presence in headline and big-ticket disputes, including commercial, banking and white-collar crime cases. It is further noted for shareholder, estate and joint-venture disputes. Marina Chin and Eddee Ng head the team and Paul Seah is also rated for high-stakes litigation. Keith Tnee is an emerging talent.