Lucy Folley > Tees Law > Brentwood, England > Lawyer Profile
Tees Law Offices
- Go to...
Corporate and Commercial
Lucy is a partner in the corporate and commercial department specialising in mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and collaborations as well as handling the corporate aspects of running a business, including finance.
Expertise in commercial matters includes advising on large outsourcing projects in various sectors and dealing with contracts for a wide variety of services.
Trained Forsyte Kerman, qualified 1994; Assistant Solicitor, Corporate department, Eversheds 1995-96; Wortley Byers (merged with Tees from 2019) 1997; Partner 1999; Head of Corporate commercial department 2009 – 2012; Managing Partner 2014-present
Davenant Foundation School; University of Hull, BA Law/Politics Joint Honours, 1987-1990; College of Law, Guildford, 1992.
Lucy enjoys skiing, running and travelling.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Praised by clients for being ‘highly competent within the field‘, Tees Law’s corporate and commercial team advises on an array of corporate and commercial matters. Lucy Folley leads the team in Brentwood and Cambridge, and offers ‘excellent service and knowledge‘, with her practice spanning M&A, sales, financial restructurings and re-organisations across a wide range of industries. Baljeet Kaur, described as ‘a pleasure to work with’, assists Folley, and is well versed in drafting a range of commercial contracts. Claire Powell joined from Thompson Smith and Puxon in September 2023.
Tees Law has an increasingly broad practice thanks to head of corporate and commercial Lucy Folley, who works from both the Cambridge and Brentwood offices. ‘Tenacious negotiator‘ Alastair Cotton brings extensive in-house experience to bear on commercial matters as well as on M&A deals, joint ventures, MBOs, and private equity transactions and restructurings.
- Leading individuals South East > Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Essex
- Corporate and commercial: Essex South East > Corporate and commercial
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Real estate > Commercial property: Essex
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Essex
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: claimant
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Essex
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Essex
- Employment > Employment: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx
- Employment > Employment: Essex
- Private client > Family: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx
- Private client > Family: Essex
- Insurance > Personal injury: claimant
- Real estate > Commercial property: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Public sector > Public sector