Mr Nuo Ji > Fangda Partners > Shanghai, China > Lawyer Profile
Fangda Partners Offices
24/F, HKRI CENTRE TWO, HKRI TAIKOO HUI
288 SHI MEN YI ROAD
- Firm Profile
- Go to...
Mr Nuo Ji
Mr. Ji’s practice areas include commercial litigation and arbitration, bankruptcy and restructuring, construction and real estate, and public incidents and crisis management. He has been widely recognized as a prominent practitioner in china in these practice areas.
- President of the Shanghai Bar Association
- Deputy Director of the Bankruptcy Law Study Commission of Shanghai Law Society
- Member of Administrative Review Committee of the Shanghai Municipal Government
- Legal Advisor of Shanghai Administration for Market Regulation
- Legal Advisor of Shanghai Municipal Commission of Commerce
- Arbitrator of China International Economic and Trade Arbitration Commission
- Arbitrator of Shanghai International Arbitration Center
- Arbitrator of Shenzhen Court of International Arbitration
Fudan University Law School, LL.B., LL.M.
China > Dispute resolution: Arbitration: PRC firms(Hall of Fame)
Fangda Partners‘ arbitration offering is among the strongest on the market. With its global network and offices across major cities in mainland China and Hong Kong, it is able to offer a full range of services, including assisting on parallel proceedings, and offshore and cross-border matters. The group has extensive experience acting for multinational and domestic companies across numerous industries in a wide range of matters, though it is particularly well known for assisting in corporate, IP and antitrust, construction, insolvency and restructuring, employment, torts, and financial product proceedings. A number of the team also sit as arbitrators at major arbitration centres, including CIETAC, SHIAC, SCIA. Nuo Ji, Benjamin Miao and Daniel Huang lead the Shanghai group, whilst Ming Kang and Helen Shi head the Beijing department. Other key practitioners include Yanhua Lin, who has experience representing clients before the HKIAC and ICC, and Allan Chen, who specialises in corporate governance and financial services disputes.
China > Dispute resolution: Litigation: PRC firms(Hall of Fame)
Fangda Partners offers an enviable litigation practice, with offices across major cities in mainland China as well as Hong Kong. It advises across a wide range of disputes, though it has particular expertise in corporate, IP and antitrust, construction and real estate, financial products, and employment matters. It also has a strong global network with other leading law firms, which allows it to assist Chinese companies in parallel proceedings, as well as offshore and cross-border cases. Ming Kang and Helen Shi co-lead the Beijing branch, whilst Nuo Ji, Benjamin Miao, and Daniel Huang co-head the Shanghai group. Ji and Miao have rich expertise in complex commercial disputes, specialising in cross-border and domestic matters, respectively. Meanwhile, Huang has specific expertise in international trade and IP disputes. Other key practitioners include Allan Chen, who focuses on corporate governance and financial services disputes, Peibing Qi, who specialises in construction and real estate, product liability and commercial contract litigation, and Qian Luo who is experienced in corporate, contract, and tort disputes.
China > Restructuring and insolvency: PRC firms
The Shanghai-based team at Fangda Partners is a popular choice for international bondholders, secured and unsecured creditors and financial institutions, which seek out the team for advice on Chinese bankruptcy laws and assistance with onshore restructuring proceedings. Noted for its considerable complex insolvency cases, the group is often appointed as administrator or liquidator by the courts. Nuo Ji overseas the practice and is recommended for cross-border insolvencies, investment in distressed assets and dispute resolution. Kai Li has extensive experience in handling reorganisation plans for listed companies. Lingqi Wang is also a name to note who often acts as an administrator in large complex insolvency cases.
Asia Pacific: Regional International Arbitration > Leading firms
Fangda Partners carries the flag for mainland China in a range of international arbitration matters. Key names in Beijing include Ming Kang and Helen Shi, while in Shanghai Nuo Ji, Benjamin Miao and Daniel Huang are key contacts. The firm also has an arbitration team in Hong Kong, including Peter Yuen (who is dual qualified in England and Hong Kong), as well as Olga Boltenko, who is Russian-qualified on top of her admission as a Hong Kong solicitor and contributes investor-state arbitration expertise.
|China: Restructuring & Insolvency||May 2022||This country-specific Q&A provides an overview to Restructuring & Insolvency laws and regulations that may occur in China.|
- Dispute resolution: Arbitration: PRC firms - China
- Dispute resolution: Litigation: PRC firms - China
- Hall of Fame - China > Dispute resolution: Litigation: PRC firms
- Hall of Fame - China > Dispute resolution: Arbitration: PRC firms
- Restructuring and insolvency: PRC firms - China
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Antitrust and competition: PRC firms
- Banking and finance: PRC firms
- Capital markets: PRC firms
- Corporate and M&A: PRC firms
- Data protection: PRC firms
- Dispute resolution: Arbitration: PRC firms
- Dispute resolution: Litigation: PRC firms
- Intellectual property: PRC firms
- Investment funds: PRC firms
- Labour and employment: PRC firms
- Life sciences and healthcare: PRC firms
- Regional coverage: Guangdong Province: Guangzhou and Shenzhen
- Private equity: PRC firms
- Real estate and construction: PRC firms
- Regulatory/compliance: PRC firms
- TMT: PRC firms