Matthew Kenwood > Shoosmiths LLP > Nottingham, England > Lawyer Profile
Shoosmiths LLP Offices
WATERFRONT HOUSE, WATERFRONT PLAZA
35 STATION STREET
- Go to...
Matthew is a real estate lawyer with experience in advising on a wide variety of commercial real estate transactions. He acts for prominent occupiers and investors and is particularly experienced in matters relating to the retail and leisure industries (including retail units in travel locations). Matthew’s commercial approach to complex documentation and transactions is focused on ensuring that his clients’ aims and deadlines are achieved.
His recent experience includes advising:
- The Safestore Group in relation to their property portfolio including acquisitions of development and trading sites;
- Various national UK retailers on acquisitions of and matters relating to properties within UK and non-UK airports;
- A major UK and European investor acquiring and managing a portfolio of high value commercial and residential properties across southern England.
- A major independent Co-op on matters relating to their programme of acquisitions including new build and trading convenience stores and funeral homes;
Matthew trained with Shoosmiths and has been a partner since 2004
Nottingham High School; University of Nottingham (1994 LLB).
Football, motoring, wine.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Real estate > Commercial property: Nottingham and Derby
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Nottingham and Derby
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Employment > Employment
- Employment > Immigration
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant