Su Kemp > Shoosmiths LLP > Nottingham, England > Lawyer Profile
Shoosmiths LLP Offices
WATERFRONT HOUSE, WATERFRONT PLAZA
35 STATION STREET
- Firm Profile
- Go to...
Susan is a senior associate in the real estate team. She has broad experience across all areas of non-contentious property work including complex sale agreements, refinancing, and landlord and tenant work. Susan has a particular speciality in advising tenants in the retail sector. Clients appreciate her straight forward and commercial approach to transactions.
Her most recent experience includes:
- Acting as a key client contact for a national health and beauty retailer in respect of its real estate portfolio, including acquisitions, disposals, a high volume of lease renewals and the property aspects of franchising arrangements;
- Managing the day to day relationship for a national outdoor pursuits and clothing retailer as it grows its presence in the UK and international markets;
- Acting for a national petroleum retailer in respect of all aspects of its property portfolio, including financing, site disposals and acquisitions of multiple sites.
- Assisting in the refinance of a national property portfolio.
Susan joined the firm in 2015 having previously worked at Geldards LLP and Eversheds LLP
East Midlands > Real estate > Commercial property: Nottingham and Derby(Rising stars)
Alongside development, asset management, financing and forward founding advice, Shoosmiths LLP’s East Midlands commercial property team has particular expertise in acting for investors and funds on disposals, acquisitions and portfolio transactions as well as joint venture transactions that involve alternative investment and off-shore structuring. A further key area of work are co-counselling and partnership transactions where the team provides real estate expertise to London and international firms. Practice head Sean Burke has a focus on occupier work and acting for retailers – a sector specialisation of the unit. Deborah Gordon Brown is experienced in portfolio transactions and Ellis Gardner-Browne has a specialisation in project work involving logistics facilities. The practice fields a niche specialist airport offering, advising retailers and occupiers – an area of focus of senior associate Su Kemp.
- Commercial property: Nottingham and Derby - East Midlands > Real estate
- Rising stars - East Midlands > Real estate > Commercial property: Nottingham and Derby
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Real estate > Commercial property: Nottingham and Derby
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Nottingham and Derby
- Employment > Employment
- Employment > Immigration
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant