Deborah Gordon Brown > Shoosmiths LLP > Nottingham, England > Lawyer Profile
Shoosmiths LLP Offices
WATERFRONT HOUSE, WATERFRONT PLAZA
35 STATION STREET
- Go to...
Deborah Gordon Brown
Deborah has substantial experience in advising on complex transactions and portfolio acquisitions and disposals, regularly acting for major UK property funds, landlords, portfolio holders and occupiers. She also advises on the property aspects of large corporate transactions.
Listed in the Legal 500’s Hall of Fame, which highlights individuals who have received constant praise by their clients for continued excellence, her experience includes the sale and transfer of major property portfolios, refinances, development agreements across the UK.
Deborah serves on Shoosmiths’ strategic body, the partnership council as well as its inclusion group and community investment committee. Additionally, she is head of the firm’s Nottingham office and responsible for its contribution to, and profile within, the local business community.
Deborah joined Shoosmiths as a partner in 1997 from a city firm.
Blaydon Comprehensive; University of Kingston upon Hull (1986 LLB Law Hons).
Gardening, walking, many sports, passionate Newcastle United fan.
Lawyer Rankings(Hall of Fame)
Shoosmiths LLP is one of Nottingham’s standout firms, and is particularly strong when it comes to working with investors. Deborah Gordon Brown is particularly experienced in this regard, and regularly advises prominent property funds on the sale and transfer of property portfolios. Retail is another of the firm’s key areas; practice head Sean Burke advises Ikea on all its real estate matters in the UK, while 2020 saw Ellis Gardener-Browne provide strategic advice to a number of large retailers on the management of real estate portfolios during the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Commercial property: Nottingham and Derby - East Midlands > Real estate
- Hall of Fame - East Midlands > Real estate > Commercial property: Nottingham and Derby
- Leading individuals - East Midlands > Real estate > Commercial property: Nottingham and Derby
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Real estate > Commercial property: Nottingham and Derby
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Nottingham and Derby
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Employment > Employment
- Employment > Immigration
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant