Dorothy Agnew > Moore Barlow > Southampton, England > Lawyer Profile
Moore Barlow Offices
- Go to...
Dorothy is a partner and specialises in Information Technology, Telecommunications, Intellectual Property, Data Protection and Privacy. In particular she advises on IT and non-IT outsourcing agreements, development and commercialisation of new technologies, eCommerce, and the protection and exploitation of intellectual property rights.
She also provides businesses with advice on a variety of general commercial agreements including supply chain agreements (for both supplier and customer), outsourcing, data processing, merchandising, publishing, distribution, agency and commercial joint ventures.
Her transactional work includes advising on mergers, acquisitions, disposals and joint ventures where technology, intellectual property and data are a key part of the business. This may involve drafting agreements to license or transfer rights, conducting complex due diligence and assisting with brand strategy.
Her clients operate in a wide range of sectors including technology, telecommunications, manufacturing, engineering, retail, leisure, sport and media. My clients range from early-stage businesses to multinational organisations from the UK and abroad.
Taking time to thoroughly understand a client’s business and the particular challenges it faces, Dorothy provides practical and effective legal advice. When issues arise, she provide clarity, good judgement and quick responses. Her clients have the reassurance of knowing that they have expert legal support to help drive forward their business ambitions.
Society for Computers and Law
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Commercial tech specialist John Warchus heads the IT & telecoms team at Moore Barlow, formed by the merger earlier this year of Moore Blatch and Barlow Robbins. Known for his track record of work with manufacturing and engineering clients, he also regularly assists tech start-ups. More broadly, the the firm is recognised for its work in telematics, cyber security, software development and analytics. The firm is also increasingly advising clients on IP protection, limitation of liability and the manufacture of complex devices. A member of the IT and IP Law Group Europe, it also features outsourcing and electronic tracking expert Dorothy Agnew. Of counsel Laurie Heizler is another name to note.
- Leading individuals - South East > TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- IT and telecoms - South East > TMT (technology, media and telecoms)
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Real estate > Commercial property: Hampshire
- Real estate > Commercial property: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Hampshire
- Private client > Family: Hampshire
- Private client > Family: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Employment > Employment: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Employment > Health and safety
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Hampshire
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Hampshire
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Employment > Employment: Hampshire
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Public sector > Public sector
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Kent, Surrey and Sussex