Andrew Wanambwa > Lewis Silkin > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Lewis Silkin Offices
255 Blackfriars Rd
- Go to...
Partner: Andrew is a partner in the Dispute Resolution team. His practice focuses on domestic and cross-border litigation and dispute resolution.
He is admitted in England and Wales as both a barrister and a solicitor. He is also admitted as a solicitor in Hong Kong and as a legal practitioner in the British Virgin Islands.
Andrew has extensive experience advising major corporate clients, financial institutions and high net worth individuals and has acted for clients in a number of industries, including telecoms, accountancy, finance, insurance, mining, pharmaceuticals and transport.
He has particular expertise in fraud and economic tort claims, professional liability, shareholder and joint venture disputes, trust disputes, jurisdictional issues and asset-tracing/enforcement matters.
Andrew has advised on several large-scale disputes before the English High Court, including:
– Advising a multinational telecoms company in a £100m+ claim involving breach of fiduciary duty;
– Advising an international bank on a £100m+ professional liability claim against its former legal advisers;
– Advising a large corporate entity on a high value application for the rectification of its pension trust deed.
In addition to his London-based work Andrew has acted in Litigation and arbitral matters involving emerging markets such as Zimbabwe and Pakistan. He has also worked in Hong Kong and the British Virgin Islands. While in Hong Kong he defended a $1.5 billion professional indemnity claim against one of the Big 4 accountancy firms. In the British Virgin Islands he advised on, among other matters, a $600 million economic tort claim involving Russian parties, shareholder disputes and he obtained freezing injunctions in support of foreign and arbitral proceedings.
Andrew also helps his clients avoid formal disputes and has successfully settled a number of matters through mediation and other alternative dispute resolution mechanisms.
Prior to joining Lewis Silkin Andrew was an Associate at Barlow Lyde & Gilbert (2002-2010), Of Counsel at Norton Rose (2010-2014) and a Partner at Ogier in the BVI (2014-2017).
International Bar Association (member of Litigation Committee); RCAN (Russia and CIS Arbitration Network)
1997 – LLB – Warwick University
1998 – LLM – King’s College London
Cinema and Comedy
With ‘significant experience in dealing with complex disputes‘, Lewis Silkin‘s dispute resolution practice is able to leverage partners and experienced lawyers from across the entire firm. Examples includes shareholder disputes, where the team often comprises colleagues from the firm’s employment and corporate law practices. Dispute resolution head Mark Lim is a widely-respected cross-border commercial disputes expert; Andrew Wanambwa, whose track record includes several large-scale disputes before the English High Court, ‘quickly identifies the key issues‘; Clive Greenwood is highly experienced in commercial and corporate conflicts; and Neil Parkes has longstanding experience in representing clients from the media, entertainment and technology sectors. At managing associate level, Fraser McKeating ‘gets the work done‘, while Nigel Enticknap acts in commercial disputes that frequently incorporate international aspects.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Employment > Employers
- Employment > Immigration
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: Smaller Deals, £10m-£100m
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media: Advertising & marketing
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media: Theatre, publishing and other media
- Employment > Senior executives
- Corporate and commercial > Commercial contracts
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Real estate > Commercial property: corporate occupiers
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media: Film & TV
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media: Music
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media: Video games
- Corporate and commercial > Partnership
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Real estate > Commercial property: development
- Industry focus > Hospitality and leisure
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: trade marks, copyright and design
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > PATMA: Patent attorneys
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > PATMA: Trade mark attorneys
- Real estate > Property litigation
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Reputation management
- Industry focus > Retail and consumer
- Real estate > Planning
- Risk advisory > Data protection, privacy and cybersecurity
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: patents (contentious and non-contentious)
- Corporate and commercial > Venture capital
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Franchising
- Industry focus > Life sciences and healthcare