Mark Lim > Lewis Silkin > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Lewis Silkin Offices
255 Blackfriars Rd
- Go to...
Litigation and dispute resolution.
Mark is a Partner at Lewis Silkin LLP and is head of the Dispute Resolution group. He specialises in the resolution of complex commercial disputes, particularly those with an international element. Examples of past cases include post transaction claims for breach of warranty and indemnity, IT disputes regarding code performance and software development, partnership disputes, unpaid commission and fee claims, professional negligence claims, investor claims, trust claims, civil fraud, bailment and conversion claims, claims against dictators for breach of duty and shareholder disputes.
Mark frequently acts for and against Insolvency Practioners in contentious matters and has acted in unlawful dividend, antedecent transaction, misfeasance, wrongful trading and ROT claims.
He regularly advises on contractual issues and has extensive experience of warranty/indemnity claims, trust disputes, director/shareholder disputes and cases where insolvency is a feature. Recent reported cases include: Am Trust Europe Ltd v Trust Risk Group SpA  EWHC 3192 (Comm),  4169 (Comm) and  EWCA Civ 437 (Comm) (issues of jurisdiction and conflicts of law; issues of construction of brokerage agreement between English insurer and Italian Broker) ( EWHC 1927 (Comm) whether the English court should grant an injunction to restrain an Italian Arbitration),  EWHC 3918 (Comm) (variation of a mandatory injunction); Quan v Bray and Others  EWHC 3340 (Fam) and  EWCA Civ 1253 (allegations of a post-nuptial settlement requiring examination of an overseas trust and an international group of companies); Global Draw Ltd v IGT-UK Group Ltd and anr  EWHC 2973 (Comm) (construction of terms of an SPA, breach of warranty/indemnity with related proceedings in Italy); Dhanani v Crasnianski  EWHC 926 (Comm) (whether Heads of Terms constituted a binding contract for to invest a substantial sum in a private equity fund).
Trainee Lewis Silkin 1999-2001; qualified 2001; senior associate 2010; partner 2014.
City of London Law Society (member of Litigation Committee); International Bar Association (member of Litigation Committee); Commercial Litigators Forum; London Solicitors Litigation Association; Insolvency Practitioners Association; R3; Association of Partnership Practitioners.
The Trinity School, Leamington Spa; Cardiff University (1996 LLB Combined Honours Law and French (2:1)); The College of Law (1998 BPP Diploma in Legal Practice (Commendation), 2007 Certificate of Proficiency in Insolvency (Distinction)).
Cycling, squash, running.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
With ‘significant experience in dealing with complex disputes‘, Lewis Silkin‘s dispute resolution practice is able to leverage partners and experienced lawyers from across the entire firm. Examples includes shareholder disputes, where the team often comprises colleagues from the firm’s employment and corporate law practices. Dispute resolution head Mark Lim is a widely-respected cross-border commercial disputes expert; Andrew Wanambwa, whose track record includes several large-scale disputes before the English High Court, ‘quickly identifies the key issues‘; Clive Greenwood is highly experienced in commercial and corporate conflicts; and Neil Parkes has longstanding experience in representing clients from the media, entertainment and technology sectors. At managing associate level, Fraser McKeating ‘gets the work done‘, while Nigel Enticknap acts in commercial disputes that frequently incorporate international aspects.
- Leading individuals London > Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Commercial litigation: mid-market London > Dispute resolution
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Employment > Employers
- Employment > Immigration
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: Smaller Deals, £10m-£100m
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media: Advertising & marketing
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media: Theatre, publishing and other media
- Employment > Senior executives
- Corporate and commercial > Commercial contracts
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Real estate > Commercial property: corporate occupiers
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media: Film & TV
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media: Music
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media: Video games
- Corporate and commercial > Partnership
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Real estate > Commercial property: development
- Industry focus > Hospitality and leisure
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: trade marks, copyright and design
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > PATMA: Patent attorneys
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > PATMA: Trade mark attorneys
- Real estate > Property litigation
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Reputation management
- Industry focus > Retail and consumer
- Real estate > Planning
- Risk advisory > Data protection, privacy and cybersecurity
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: patents (contentious and non-contentious)
- Corporate and commercial > Venture capital
- Industry focus > Life sciences and healthcare
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Franchising