Bader El-Jeaan > Meysan Partners > Kuwait City, Kuwait > Lawyer Profile
Meysan Partners Offices
JABER AL-MUBARACK ST
- Go to...
Corporate, Private Clients, Regulatory and Government Affairs
Senior Partner, Co-founder
Mr. El Jeaan has extensive experience advising corporate, investment banking and sovereign clients on complicated cross-border mergers and acquisitions transactions, international joint ventures, strategic alliances, project development, finance transactions, as well as various capital markets transactions involving registered and unregistered securities offerings, exchange offerings, consent solicitations, and asset securitizations.
Mr. El Jeaan is a member of the Board of Directors of National Real Estate Company (one of Kuwait’s largest real estate companies), he is also the founder of the Harvard Club of Kuwait.
Mr. El Jeaan has over 20 years experience, specializing in complex M&A transactions. He represented and advised major regional and international clients on M&A matters including:
- Negotiated acquisitions and dispositions
- Strategic mergers of equals
- Cross-border transactions
- Takeover defense planning
- Joint ventures and strategic alliances
- Advised the Government of Kuwait on the $85 billion development of Madinat al-Hareer (Silk City), a 450 square kilometer city on the northern coast of Kuwait Bay with residential, leisure, commercial and industrial components, including road, rail, sea, and airport infrastructure.
- Advised on the sale of Agility’s Global Integrated Logistics business to DSV Panalpina A/S, a Danish company, for USD 4.1 billion.
- Advised Mobile Telecommunications Company “Zain” on the sale of its entire block of treasury shares, representing 9.84% of Zain’s share capital, to Oman Telecommunications Company (“Omantel”) valued at $846m.
- Advised Al Khair National for Stocks and Real Estate Company WLL on the sale of ordinary shares, representing 12.063% of Zain’s share capital, to Oman Telecommunications Company (“Omantel”) valued at $ 1.3b.
- Advised the selling shareholders Falcon Group of 4Sale General Trading and Contracting company through the life of the transaction including negotiating the definitive transaction documents and facilitating closing of the investment. Valued at $100m.
Kuwait Bar Association
New York, District of Columbia Bar
Oxford University, M.A., honors, Law, 2003
Oxford University, B.A., honors, Law, 1998
Harvard University, A.B., cum laude, Economics, 1995
Advising local and international clients, Meysan Partners is highly skilled in M&A, joint ventures and capital markets, and is particularly active in deals in the telecoms, hospitality and education sectors. Senior partner Bader El-Jeaan is a respected name in the market, having worked on high-value transactions. Of counsel Michel George Ghanem, who focuses on cross-border M&A, private equity and joint ventures, is also noted.