Firm Profile > Meysan Partners > Kuwait City, Kuwait
Meysan Partners Offices
JABER AL-MUBARACK ST
Meysan Partners > The Legal 500 Rankings
Advising local and international clients, Meysan Partners is highly skilled in M&A, joint ventures and capital markets, and is particularly active in deals in the telecoms, hospitality and education sectors. Senior partner Bader El-Jeaan is a respected name in the market, having worked on high-value transactions. Of counsel Michel George Ghanem, who focuses on cross-border M&A, private equity and joint ventures, is also noted.
Dispute resolution Tier 2
Advising domestic and international clients, Meysan Partners is skilled in both litigation and arbitration, with a particular focus on banking, commercial and construction cases. Senior partner Waleed Al Tattan is active in this field; an experienced advocate, he has appeared before various higher courts in Kuwait, including the Court of Cassation.
Waleed Al Tattan
Meysan Partners > Firm Profile
Meysan Partners was established in 2015 and has grown to become one of the largest and most sophisticated business law firms in Kuwait and the wider Middle East.
In recent years, Meysan Partners has advised clients across a range of industry sectors on some of the most noteworthy and complex transactions and disputes in the region.
The firm sets itself apart by offering high quality, innovative legal advice delivered by a team of Arabic and English-speaking lawyers with 85 years of combined legal experience.
Meysan Partners adopts a boutique approach to legal practice, limiting the number and type of matters undertaken, in order to ensure the highest quality offering for clients.
The firm maintains a lower partner-to-associate ratio than other firms in the region and takes on matters that require partner focus and experience, especially cross-border transactions and high-stakes litigation.
Clients include some of the largest regional blue-chip companies, multinational corporations, international financial institutions, sovereign governments, family groups, and high net worth individuals.
In 2019 Meysan Partners expanded its Middle East presence by opening a second office in Beirut, Lebanon, to meet increased demand for cross-border legal services involving Lebanon.
Over the past few years Meysan Partners has received a number of important awards, among them honours for the best law firm in Kuwait and managing partner of the year for senior partner Bader El Jeaan.
|Corporate||Bader El Jeaanemail@example.com||+965 91118111|
|Regulatory & Government Affairs||Abdul Aziz Al Yaqoutfirstname.lastname@example.org||+965 99699421|
|Dispute Resolution||Waleed Al Tattanemail@example.com||+965 99966606|
|Private Clients||Bader El Jeaanfirstname.lastname@example.org||+965 91118111|
|Capital Markets||Tarek Yehyaemail@example.com||+965 67767704|
Staff FiguresNumber of lawyers : 30
LanguagesEnglish Arabic French Italian Spanish German
MembershipsABA (American Bar Association) GCC Commercial Arbitration Centre Kuwait Lawyers' Society Spanish Bar Association Italian Bar Association New York Bar Association German Lawyers Association
OtherKuwait Office : P.O. Box 298, Safat 13003 Al Hamra Tower, 17th Floor, Al Shuhada Street, Sharq, Kuwait Tel: +965 2205 1000, F: +965 22051001 Lebanon Office : 109 Marfaa, 2nd floor, Allenby Street, Downtown, Beirut Tel: +961 1999 640 Fax: +961 1999 641
Legal market overview
Meysan Partners is Kuwait’s leading law firm in the corporate space, and the most sought-after firm for cross-border M&A transactions. From mergers and acquisitions (M&A) and venture capital to private and public equity and debt offerings, we assist clients through all stages of their transactions to ensure successful results. We advise on more M&A transactions (by value) than any other law firm in Kuwait and have worked on virtually all the big public M&A deals in Kuwait in recent years. We frequently act on transactions across multiple jurisdictions and we are positioned at the top end of legal services market in Kuwait, attracting only the most demanding and sophisticated M&A matters.
A complete M&A transactional service
Unlike most Kuwait commercial firms that act mainly on the local law aspects of foreign firm-led transactions, we lead transactions ourselves – either domestic/regional assignments, or Kuwait companies “going outbound” internationally. Our reputation comes from advising on all aspects of private and public M&A, and we have credible and substantial experience advising both sides of the transaction whether they are buyers or sellers.
Meysan represents a diverse range of multinational and domestic companies and financial institutions in not only the region’s largest mergers and acquisitions, but also many first-of-their-kind transactions in the region.
Our lawyers are experienced in all aspects of the M&A transaction and in a wide range of industries, including those that are highly regulated. Our lawyers have deep knowledge of regional laws and regulations and a peerless reputation for handling transactions across the full array of industries.
- Advised Al-Khair National for Stocks and Real Estate Company WLL, Gulf National Holding Company K.S.C.C., and Kuwait British Readymix Company WLL on the sale of ordinary shares representing 12.063% of the issued share capital of Mobile Telecommunications Company ‘Zain’ to Oman Telecommunications Company S.A.O.G valued at $1.58 billion
- Advised Mobile Telecommunications Company ‘Zain’ on the sale of its entire block of treasury shares, representing 9.84% of Zain’s share capital, to Oman Telecommunications Company (‘Omantel’) valued at $846 million
- Advised National Investment Company KSCP on the first ever corporate merger in Kuwait under the new 2015 merger regulations set out by the capital markets authority, the CMA. The merger involved two NIC affiliates regulated by the CMA as financial brokerage companies
- Advised the shareholders of Abyat Megastore in the sale of a 35% strategic interest in Abyat Megastore to Saudi Arabian regional conglomerate, Al Muhaidib Group
- Advised the shareholders of Talabat.com on its acquisition for $170 million by German E-commerce group, Rocket Internet AG. The deal represents one of the largest ever tech acquisitions in the MENA region
- Tristar Transport LLC on its acquisition of Abu Dhabi-based Emirates Ship Investment Company, also known as ‘Eships’, from Egon Oldendorff GmbH & Co. KG, a company of the Oldendorff Group