Tarek Yehya > Meysan Partners > Kuwait City, Kuwait > Lawyer Profile
Meysan Partners Offices
JABER AL-MUBARACK ST
- Go to...
Corporate, Capital Markets
Tarek Yehya is a partner at Meysan Partners and the head of Capital Markets practice, he has vast experience in the Middle East region having advised local and international clients on some of the most complex matters under regional laws.
Tarek advises clients on all types of capital markets transactions including initial public offerings, equity and debt issuances, funds offering, as well as capital markets compliance matters, including corporate governance.
Tarek’s other focus is on Projects, privatization initiatives, public reforms of financial schemes, and regulatory processes.
Tarek has over 15 years experience, specializing in Capital Markets and Projects
- Advised the Capital Markets Authority – CMA on the privatisation of the national stock exchange including setting the regulatory framework for exchanges and establishing a corporate governance structure based on global best practice.
- Acted for Kuwait Direct Investment Promotion Authority – KDIPA on the preparation of a feasibility study for the establishment of three special economic zones (“SEZs”) in Kuwait.
- Acted for Kuwait Investment Authority – KIA, the investment arm of the State of Kuwait on the implementation of the national development plan conceived through Law No. 9 of 2010.
- Acted for the World Bank on the preparation of the corporate restructuring and rehabilitation law and insolvency laws of Kuwait.
- Advised the government of Kuwait on the $85 billion development of Madinat al-Hareer (Silk City), a 450 square kilometer city on the northern coast of Kuwait Bay with residential, leisure, commercial and industrial components, including road, rail, sea, and airport infrastructure.
- Advised Kuwait Media City Company, in respect of its feasibility study under the KAPP Law and the Kuwait Development Plan law; including the preparation and review of the auction and bidding processes applicable to the strategic investors; preparation and review of the project company IPO process; preparation and presentation of the project company model shareholders agreement; preparation and presentation of the O&M and EPC Model Agreements.
Beirut Bar Association
- Lebanese University – Diplôme d’Etudes Approfondies (L.L.M) in Business Law. The thesis is on “Arbitration as a resolution method for Industrial Property rights related conflicts” Lebanon
- Lebanese University – Diplôme d’Etudes Superieures Specialisées (L.L.M) in Arbitration and Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR), Lebanon
- University of Saint Joseph – Bachelor in Law, Lebanon