Leane Shanks > Irwin Mitchell > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Irwin Mitchell Offices
40 HOLBORN VIADUCT
- Go to...
International personal injury
Senior associate legal executive.
Specialisms: accidents abroad, sickness abroad, holiday complaints, road traffic accidents, travel litigation, head injuries.
Qualified interpreter and translator.
Fluent in French and Spanish.
Competent in German and Portuguese.
APIL and PEOPIL
Lawyer Rankings(Rising stars)
The majority APIL-accredited personal injury team at Irwin Mitchell is co-led by heads of serious injury Richard Geraghty and Tracey Storey, and regional lead partner Alison Eddy, who specialises in adult and childr brain and spinal catastrophic injury claims. The team’s workload consists of legally and emotionally complex claims of value in the multi-millions, with the Tunisian terror attack multi-party action being one recent example of this. Demetrius Danas, who has significant experience of litigating abroad, having pursued cases in over fifty jurisdictions worldwide, leads the sub-team which focuses specifically on international claims. Additionally, there is a sub-team specialising in workplace disease and asbestos claims, helmed by Ian Bailey and lead partner on the recent landmark Court of Appeal case Rix v Paramount Shopfitting, Joanne Jefferies. Extensive rehabilitation and financial support services are offered to clients both pre- and post-settlement, in the form of the dedicated support and rehabilitation co-ordination service. Sarah Griggs, Leane Shanks and the ‘superb’ Chani Dhaliwal are also noteworthy members of the team.
- Personal injury: claimant - London > Insurance
- Rising stars - London > Insurance > Personal injury: claimant
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: claimant
- Private client > Court of protection
- Public sector > Education: individuals
- Public sector > Education: schools
- Public sector > Education: institutions
- Insurance > Personal injury: claimant
- Insurance > Product liability: claimant
- Transport > Travel
- Public sector > Civil liberties and human rights
- Employment > Employees/unions
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Public sector > Administrative and public law
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Dispute resolution > Costs lawyers
- Public sector > Healthcare
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: smaller deals, up to £50m
- Private client > Family
- Employment > Pensions (non-contentious)
- Real estate > Planning
- Employment > Senior executives
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Employment > Immigration
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: trade marks, copyright and design
- Employment > Employers