Tim Annett > Irwin Mitchell > Sheffield, England > Lawyer Profile
Irwin Mitchell Offices
- Go to...
Team Leader of our Product Liability team. Based in Sheffield, and with colleagues in our London office. Tim helped to set up the team in 2013, and since that time have specialised in group actions with a particular emphasis on product liability. Tim’s team covers the whole of the UK as well as dealing with international claims.
Tim focuses on claims arising from defective medical devices and group actions. Much of his work arises from metal-on-metal hip implants, including DePuy ASR, DePuy Pinnacle, Zimmer Durom and Corin Cormet implants. He also deals with group actions arising from clinical negligence claims.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals: Personal Injury)
Irwin Mitchell is ‘the best in the business for looking after clients, on both a human and a legal level’. Based in Sheffield, Julianne Moore co-leads the medical negligence practice with Sarah Coles in Leeds. The group has extensive experience handling the gamut of complex, high value negligence claims, specialising in birth injury, spinal injury and amputation cases. The team includes Rachelle Mahapatra, Rachel Roach, Tom Mather, Sarah Rowland and Tim Annett, who work together to provide ‘an excellent and highly personal service’. Adrian Budgen and Sion Kingston jointly lead the personal injury practices in Sheffield and Leeds, respectively. The firm continues to be highly regarded for asbestos disease cases, with Ian Toft noted for his work relating to immunotherapy. The Yorkshire team has a substantial number of APIL accredited specialists, including Rachael Aram and Louise Jenkins . Carolyn Heaton is also recommended.
Irwin Mitchell‘s group actions and product liability team is pre-eminent in handling individual and group claims relating to defective products, including those with cross-border elements. The firm also has considerable experience in handling high-profile medical negligence claims. Tim Annett has particular expertise in claims related to defective medical devices while Sallie Booth is experienced handling group litigation. At the associate level, Catherine Slattery and Natalie Truman are both important figures handling defective products, abuse and clinical negligence.
- Clinical negligence and personal injury: claimant - Yorkshire and the Humber > Insurance
- Leading individuals: Personal Injury - Yorkshire and the Humber > Insurance > Clinical negligence and personal injury: claimant
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Insurance > Clinical negligence and personal injury: claimant
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Family: elsewhere in Yorkshire
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Sheffield, South Yorkshire
- Real estate > Commercial property: Sheffield, South Yorkshire
- Public sector > Education
- Employment > Employment: Sheffield and South Yorkshire
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Commercial property: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Employment > Employment: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Private client > Family: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire
- Crime, fraud and licensing > General crime and fraud
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms