Tim Annett > Irwin Mitchell > Sheffield, England > Lawyer Profile
Irwin Mitchell Offices
- Go to...
Team Leader of our Product Liability team. Based in Sheffield, and with colleagues in our London office. Tim helped to set up the team in 2013, and since that time have specialised in group actions with a particular emphasis on product liability. Tim’s team covers the whole of the UK as well as dealing with international claims.
Tim focuses on claims arising from defective medical devices and group actions. Much of his work arises from metal-on-metal hip implants, including DePuy ASR, DePuy Pinnacle, Zimmer Durom and Corin Cormet implants. He also deals with group actions arising from clinical negligence claims.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Irwin Mitchell has established itself as a go-to claimant firm in national and cross-border individual and group claims regarding defective products and personal injury as well as clinical negligence. It has particular experience in disputes in connection with electrical and consumer goods. The key contacts are consultant Clive Garner in Birmingham, and Sallie Booth and Tim Annett in Sheffield; all three have ‘immense experience and are hugely respected in product liability work‘. Associate Matthew Newbould, also based in Sheffield, is well versed in defective medical products, clinical negligence claims and consumer safety.
Irwin Mitchell is in ‘a class of its own in terms of expertise and resources‘ and ‘deserves its reputation as a leader in its field‘. The medical negligence team is co-led by Julianne Moore in Sheffield and Sarah Coles in Leeds. Working with Tom Mather, Sarah Rowland, Rachelle Mahapatra and Rachel Roach, they offer huge expertise in complex, high-value claims and handle birth matters linked to cerebral palsy, spinal conditions, adult acquired brain damage and amputation. The team is described as ‘supremely client-facing, fighting fiercely for their clients but also being supportive and empathetic on a human level’. The ‘absolutely fantastic‘ personal injury team, which ‘handles the full range of cases from the individual to the most complicated group action‘ is jointly directed by Adrian Budgen in Sheffield and Sion Kingston in Leeds. Highly regarded for its work in asbestos cases, it has a substantive number APIL accredited individuals, including fatality experts. Other key members of the firm are Louise Jenkins, Carolyn Heaton, Rachael Aram, Tim Annett, Sallie Booth and Ian Toft.
- Leading individuals: Personal Injury - Yorkshire and the Humber > Insurance > Clinical negligence and personal injury: claimant
- Clinical negligence and personal injury: claimant - Yorkshire and the Humber > Insurance
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Sheffield, South Yorkshire
- Real estate > Commercial property: Sheffield, South Yorkshire
- Public sector > Education
- Employment > Employment: Sheffield and South Yorkshire
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Insurance > Professional negligence: claimant
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Real estate > Commercial property: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Sheffield, South Yorkshire
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: fraud
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: general
- Employment > Employment: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Private client > Family: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Real estate > Construction
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire
- Insurance > Clinical negligence and personal injury: claimant