Rachel Roach > Irwin Mitchell > Leeds, England > Lawyer Profile
Irwin Mitchell Offices
2 WELLINGTON PLACE
- Firm Profile
- Go to...
Rachel is a partner in the Medical Negligence team at Irwin Mitchell, Leeds. Before becoming a partner in 2016, she spent three years’ as a defendant solicitor.
Rachel has 26 years’ experience in medical negligence. She specialises in claims involving children who suffer brain injuries at birth and adults with spinal cord injuries. She was involved in the variant Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease (vCJD) Inquiry and reached settlements for over 250 people. Most recently, Rachel has been involved in Human Growth Hormone claims.
Yorkshire and the Humber > Insurance > Clinical negligence and personal injury: claimant(Next Generation Partners: Clinical Negligence)
Irwin Mitchell is ‘the best in the business for looking after clients, on both a human and a legal level’. Based in Sheffield, Julianne Moore co-leads the medical negligence practice with Sarah Coles in Leeds. The group has extensive experience handling the gamut of complex, high value negligence claims, specialising in birth injury, spinal injury and amputation cases. The team includes Rachelle Mahapatra, Rachel Roach, Tom Mather, Sarah Rowland and Tim Annett, who work together to provide ‘an excellent and highly personal service’. Adrian Budgen and Sion Kingston jointly lead the personal injury practices in Sheffield and Leeds, respectively. The firm continues to be highly regarded for asbestos disease cases, with Ian Toft noted for his work relating to immunotherapy. The Yorkshire team has a substantial number of APIL accredited specialists, including Rachael Aram and Louise Jenkins . Carolyn Heaton is also recommended.
- Clinical negligence and personal injury: claimant - Yorkshire and the Humber > Insurance
- Next Generation Partners: Clinical Negligence - Yorkshire and the Humber > Insurance > Clinical negligence and personal injury: claimant
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Insurance > Clinical negligence and personal injury: claimant
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Family: elsewhere in Yorkshire
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Sheffield, South Yorkshire
- Real estate > Commercial property: Sheffield, South Yorkshire
- Public sector > Education
- Employment > Employment: Sheffield and South Yorkshire
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Commercial property: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Employment > Employment: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Private client > Family: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire
- Crime, fraud and licensing > General crime and fraud
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms