Carolyn Lowe > Freeths LLP > Oxford, England > Lawyer Profile
Freeths LLP Offices
5000 OXFORD BUSINESS PARK SOUTH
- Go to...
Carolyn has 23 years’ experience of bringing clinical negligence claims. She deals with all types of medical cases, but particularly specialises in representing bereaved parents in cases which involve stillbirths and neonatal deaths. She also represents children who are brain damaged as a result of negligent care during their birth. Other areas of speciality are in relation to complex orthopaedic claims and cardiac claims.
Carolyn has represented numerous families of patients who have died as a result of clinical negligence. She also advises them in relation to Inquests and Coronial law.
(1) £8.5m for a 29 year old man who suffered severe brain damage at birth due to negligent medical care at Luton /7 Dunstable Hospital. He has cerebral palsy and requires 24 hour care.
(2) Represented a woman who suffered severe damage to her shoulder as a result of a failure to diagnose and properly treat a bone infection at Milton Keynes Hospital. A settlement of £200,000 was achieved.
3) Achieved a £750,000 settlement for a man whose claim related to negligent knee surgery. This left him with severe, permanent pain and being likely to require an amputation.
(4) Settlement of £500,000 for a man who has suffered permanent damage to his heart after his GP failed to deal adequately with symptoms of endocarditis, a severe infection of the heart.
(5) Settlement of £480,000 for a man and his young children who lost their wife and mother as a result of negligent care by her General Practitioner
Trained Stewarts Law (London). Portner and Jaskell, London; Pictons, Milton Keynes. Partner Henmans Freeth 2013.
APIL; Oxford Medico-Legal Society; Law Society Clinical Negligence Panel member.
Dame Alice Harpur School, Bedford; Nottingham Trent (LLB); College of Law, London (Law Society Finals).
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Freeths LLP has an ‘excellent‘ clinical negligence practice and provides a wide regional offering for clients. Operating out of Oxford, the team is led by national head Carolyn Lowe and handles an assortment of maximum severity injuries including complex brain and cerebral palsy cases. Senior associate Catherine Bell is highlighted by clients for her specialism in clinical negligence work and has expertise in neurological claims. Lynne Foster is the key name for fatal claims work; the group also acts in stillbirth and neonatal death cases.
- Leading individuals - South East > Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant - South East > Insurance
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Real estate > Commercial property: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx
- Private client > Family: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Real estate > Commercial property: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: defendant
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Employment > Employment: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery