Catherine Bell > Freeths LLP > Oxford, England > Lawyer Profile
Freeths LLP Offices
5000 OXFORD BUSINESS PARK SOUTH
- Go to...
Catherine is a senior associate and solicitor-advocate specialising in clinical negligence, with particular expertise in complex neurological claims. She represents both children and adults who have suffered brain damage as a result of medical treatment, including children with cerebral palsy. Catherine also handles a broad range of clinical negligence claims including obstetric and gynaecological injuries, spinal injuries, visual impairment, amputations and fatal claims.
Catherine has a proven track record of securing good results in complex high value cases, particularly those involving life changing injuries. She is a strong negotiator who has been praised for her confidence and conviction in fighting for the best outcome. She is recognised for ability to resolve complex issues and to successfully conclude challenging cases, including those considered too difficult by other firms.
Catherine is recommended for the way she guides people through the complicated and technical legal process. She helps to secure answers and obtain the compensation to fund care and equipment that can help rebuild their lives. She is praised for her “patience and positivity” and for her supportive, empathetic approach – helping reduce the stress of litigation during what can be a difficult and emotional time.
Catherine is listed as “Recommended” and a “Next Generation Lawyer” by the Legal 500, meaning she makes a material difference to the firm’s offering. Catherine is accredited as a legal panel member by AvMA, the specialist charity dealing with medical accidents, and also as a senior litigator by the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL).
Lawyer Rankings(Rising stars)
Freeths LLP has an ‘excellent‘ clinical negligence practice and provides a wide regional offering for clients. Operating out of Oxford, the team is led by national head Carolyn Lowe and handles an assortment of maximum severity injuries including complex brain and cerebral palsy cases. Senior associate Catherine Bell is highlighted by clients for her specialism in clinical negligence work and has expertise in neurological claims. Lynne Foster is the key name for fatal claims work; the group also acts in stillbirth and neonatal death cases.
- Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant - South East > Insurance
- Rising stars - South East > Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Real estate > Commercial property: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx
- Private client > Family: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Real estate > Commercial property: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: defendant
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Employment > Employment: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery