Phil Baigent > Freeths LLP > Nottingham, England > Lawyer Profile
Freeths LLP Offices
80 MOUNT STREET
- Go to...
Corporate finance and banking.
Phil is a highly regarded and well respected corporate lawyer who specialises in corporate transactions. He has over 20 years experience advising sellers and buyers (both corporates and individuals), investors, funders and management teams on the full breadth of corporate transactions. This has included both SMEs and the mid-market arena. Phil has a particular expertise in private healthcare; acting for a number of the UK’s leading operators, investors and funders in the sector.
Trained Harvey Ingram Owston; qualified 1997; Harvey Ingram Owston 1995-99; Freeths LLP 2000, partner 2004.
Leeds University (LLB (Hons)); College of Law, Chester (Diploma in Legal Practice, commendation).
Football (playing and supporting Leicester City FC); snowboarding, fitness.
In December 2021, Freeths LLP became the first standalone legal practice in Europe to join the Baker Tilly International network as an independent firm. Leveraging access to global network of over 150 countries, and a boost to its resources, skills and international profile, the corporate practice continues to hold a strong presence in Leicester advising large corporates, PLCs and private equity houses. Keith Gilbert and Phil Baigent have a keen interest in corporate matters pertaining to the food and drink and private healthcare sectors.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Real estate > Commercial property: Nottingham and Derby
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Nottingham and Derby
- Employment > Employment
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Public sector > Public sector
- Real estate > Social housing
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Nottingham and Derby
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Elsewhere in East Midlands
- Private client > Family
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Licensing
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate