Chris Freeston > Freeths LLP > Nottingham, England > Lawyer Profile
Freeths LLP Offices
80 MOUNT STREET
- Go to...
Commercial – national head of department and managing partner of the firm's Nottingham office.
Partner specialising in all areas of finance, particularly property and project finance. Chris is head of the firm’s banking and finance team. Recent transactions include advising the issuer on a £100m mortgage bond issue, acting for the lender on enforcement and insolvency issues relating to indebtedness of approximately £180m secured against a portfolio of properties and advising Bridges Ventures on the £84m acquisition of a portfolio of offices from Regus Plc. Chris acts for investors, developers, development agencies and a number of lenders including ICG Longbow, HSBC, RBS, and Santander.
Trained Linklaters; qualified 2002; associate Linklaters 2002-06; senior associate Freeths LLP 2006-09; partner 2009.
Nottingham High School; St Catharine’s College, Cambridge University (1998 MA (Cantab)).
All sport, member of Radcliffe on Trent Golf Club.
Freeths LLP is particularly active in advising debt funders in the healthcare sector, as well as advising on the financing of major mixed-use developments. Richard Williams focuses on the aforementioned areas with additional expertise in the hotel and leisure sectors. Chris Freeston, who works from the Nottingham and London offices, is notably strong in handling student accommodation and hotel developments.
Freeths LLP‘s ‘focused and pragmatic’ team in Nottingham primarily advises lenders and investors engaged in the healthcare and real estate industries. Its broad expertise includes project finance, acquisition finance, mezzanine finance and public sector finance transactions. Chris Freeston specialises in advising banks and private lenders on real estate and project finance transactions of considerable value. Katie Hillier is well-versed in investment and development finance, as well as debt and corporate restructuring. John Heaphy has a wealth of expertise in acquisition finance. Associate Gary Richardson is another notable individual. Partners Ed Hall and Ben Moylan joined the firm in 2019 from Gowling WLG and Eversheds Sutherland, respectively.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Real estate > Commercial property: Nottingham and Derby
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Nottingham and Derby
- Employment > Employment
- Private client > Family
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Public sector > Public sector
- Real estate > Social housing
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Nottingham and Derby
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Elsewhere in East Midlands
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Licensing
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Planning and environment