Michael Smoult > Gorvins Solicitors > Stockport, England > Lawyer Profile
Gorvins Solicitors Offices
- Go to...
Michael is a Senior Associate Solicitor in the Private Client team at Gorvins Solicitors. He advises clients on will preparation and estate administrations as well as inheritance tax planning. He also works on a number of contentious probate and estate disputes building on his previous experience in the dispute resolution team. Mike gives practical, hands on, constructive and realistic advice to business owners in relation to their tax planning, making sure that his advice fits in with the reality of their business. Mike also handles a number of statutory will applications and acts as deputy and attorney for a wide range of clients.
Qualified in 2008. Trained at Mace and Jones, Liverpool and Manchester from 2007 – 2010. Solicitor at Gorvins from 2011 to date.
Society of Trusts and Estate Practitioners (STEP)
St Mary’s College, Crosby (1995 – 2000); King George V, Southport (2000 – 2002); Lancaster University LLB (Hons) (2002 – 2005); LPC at Chester College of Law (2006 – 2007)
Headed up by succession planning specialist Christine Thornley, the team at Gorvins Solicitors provides advice to high-net-worth individuals and family business owners on matters relating to disabled beneficiaries, wills and Court of Protection issues. Notable areas of growth for the practice include contentious probate cases, often acted in by Michael Smoult, as well as inheritance tax planning work, handled by ‘empathic‘ senior associate Tasoula Addison.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in the North West
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in the North West
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in the North West
- Employment > Employment: employee/union firms
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Private client > Family
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Employment > Employment
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant