Danielle Clements > Gorvins Solicitors > Stockport, England > Lawyer Profile
Gorvins Solicitors Offices
- Go to...
Danielle is a Partner in Gorvins’ Commercial Litigation department. Danielle has a superb reputation for providing practical, tailor-made solutions for a diverse range of commercial and private clients. Having qualified in 2006, her specialism lies in contentious probate matters where she advises on complex cases involving high-value estates on behalf of personal representatives and multiple beneficiaries. Danielle is an ACTAPS Member who has experience in a vast range of matters including claims under the Inheritance (PFD) Act 1975, revocation of wills, claims to dispute the validity of a will and claims brought against executors based on breach of duty. Danielle also specialises in commercial/residential landlord and tenant disputes and advises on consumer issues.
Trained and qualified (2006) at O’Neill Patient Solicitors in Stockport from 2002 – 2006. Associate Solicitor at Neil Millar Solicitors from 2006 – 2008. Joined Gorvins in 2008 to date.
Promoted to Partner April 2022
Grangefield School, Stockton on Tees (1990 – 1995); Manchester Metropolitan University LLB (Hons0 (1997 – 2000); LPC at Chester College of Law in 2001
Gorvins Solicitors often acts for insolvency practitioners to collect debts on behalf of liquidators and administrators and recovery of monies due under guarantees. Mark Deverell heads the team, handling debts relating to the provision of bulk chemical supplies. David Guest is a name to note, specialising in both corporate and personal insolvency. Senior associate Danielle Clements offers expertise in contentious probate matters, whilst associate Sunita Patel has experience dealing with multi-track claims and debt collection out of jurisdiction.
Gorvins Solicitors is particularly strong advising on Inheritance Act claims, disputed estates, and challenging and contesting wills. It has niche experience dealing with fraudulent wills and invalid wills involving mental capacity. Michael Smoult was promoted to practice head in June 2021 and specialises in contentious estates, Inheritance Act 1975 claims, and disputed wills. Other key contacts include Julie Burgess, who made partner in December 2021, and senior associate Danielle Clements, who focuses on court litigation, often involving contentious probate and challenges to the validity of wills. Christine Thornley departed in September 2021.
Specialising in both commercial and residential disputes, the team at Gorvins Solicitors advises landlords, property owners, and commercial tenants. The practice is led by Guy Lightowler who regularly handles complex High Court-level cases and advises both landlord and tenants on a range of matters. Senior associate Danielle Clements is also recommended.
- Contentious trusts and probate - North West > Private client
- Debt recovery - North West > Dispute resolution
- Property litigation - North West > Real estate
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in the North West
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in the North West
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in the North West
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Employment > Employment: employee/union firms
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Private client > Family
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Employment > Employment
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property