Julie Burgess > Gorvins Solicitors > Stockport, England > Lawyer Profile
Gorvins Solicitors Offices
- Go to...
Julie qualified in 2004 and joined Gorvins in 2018 as a Senior Associate in the Wills, Trusts and Probate team. She was then promoted to Partner in December 2021. Julie is a member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) and Solicitors for the Elderly (SFE). Julie specialises in high value complex estate administrations involving trusts and offshore assets. Julie also advises clients in relation to Wills, estate and inheritance tax planning and Lasting Powers of Attorney.
Qualified in 2004.
Promoted to Partner in December 2021.
Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP)
Solicitors for the Elderly (SFE)
Gorvins Solicitors advises on a wide range of family succession matters, including family business wills, Court of Protection work, contentious probate, and inheritance tax planning. Michael Smoult was promoted to department head in August 2021 and focuses on inheritance tax planning and will preparation. Julie Burgess was promoted to partner in December 2021 and advises on lasting powers of attorney and inheritance tax planning, as well as complex estate administration. Associate solicitor Almas Patankar is a specialist in Court of Protection matters and inheritance tax planning. Tasoula Addison departed in July 2021, while Christine Thornley departed in August 2021.
Gorvins Solicitors is particularly strong advising on Inheritance Act claims, disputed estates, and challenging and contesting wills. It has niche experience dealing with fraudulent wills and invalid wills involving mental capacity. Michael Smoult was promoted to practice head in June 2021 and specialises in contentious estates, Inheritance Act 1975 claims, and disputed wills. Other key contacts include Julie Burgess, who made partner in December 2021, and senior associate Danielle Clements, who focuses on court litigation, often involving contentious probate and challenges to the validity of wills. Christine Thornley departed in September 2021.
- Contentious trusts and probate - North West > Private client
- Personal tax, trusts and probate - North West > Private client
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in the North West
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in the North West
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in the North West
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Employment > Employment: employee/union firms
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Private client > Family
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Employment > Employment
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property