Mr Tom Barkhuysen > Stibbe > Amsterdam, Netherlands > Lawyer Profile
1077 WM AMSTERDAM
- Go to...
Mr Tom Barkhuysen
Environment and Planning.
Tom specialises in administrative law, compliance and sanctions, environmental, housing, education, licensing, regulatory and governmental liability issues. He advises a range of companies and public bodies including representation before Dutch and European courts. He holds a professorship in public law at Leiden University.
Dutch, English, German
Stibbe handles litigation and advisory work in relation to infrastructure projects which involve extensive planning advice. Key individuals in the firm’s environment and planning team include Jan Reinier van Angeren, Tom Barkhuysen, and Anna Collignon. The firm’s client roster includes the Municipality of Almere, Schiphol Airport, and RWE. The team is assisting the Municipality of Purmerend with a case concerning the distance requirements around LPG filling stations and compatibility with EU legal requirements.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking and finance: Financial services regulatory
- Capital markets: equity
- Dispute resolution: Commercial litigation
- Environment and planning
- EU and competition
- Fraud and white-collar crime
- Industry focus: Information technology
- Restructuring and insolvency
- Banking and finance: asset finance and structured finance
- Banking and finance: Borrower side
- Banking and finance: lender or arranger side
- Capital markets: debt
- Commercial, corporate and M&a
- Data privacy and data protection
- Energy: regulatory
- Energy: transactional
- Industry focus: healthcare and life sciences
- Investment funds
- Private equity
- Project finance and PFI
- Real estate
- Industry focus: Media and entertainment