Mr Louis Burrus > Schellenberg Wittmer Ltd > Geneva, Switzerland > Lawyer Profile
Schellenberg Wittmer Ltd Offices
15bis, rue des Alpes
P.O. Box 2088
1211 Geneva 1
- Go to...
Mr Louis Burrus
Dispute Resolution / Banking and Finance / Internal Corporate Investigations / White-Collar Crime and Compliance
Louis Burrus is a Partner and the co-head of the Dispute Resolution Group in Geneva. He is dual-qualified in Switzerland and in England & Wales (Solicitor of the Senior Courts). Louis specializes in domestic and international commercial litigation, in particular in banking and financial disputes. He advises clients in cross-border multi-jurisdictional disputes and has extensive experience in conducting corporate internal investigations, including white-collar matters.
- Lead counsel to a SIX-listed company in a post-transaction dispute further to the acquisition of a new subsidiary (price-adjustment mechanisms, enforcement of warranties, etc.)
- Acted for a European energy company in enforcing a several hundred million arbitration award (ICC, seat in NYC), including by way of an attachment order (worldwide enforcement case)
- Advising a major Swiss bank participating into the United States Department of Justice’s (DoJ) Program for Non-Prosecution Agreements or Non-Target Letters for Swiss banks (co-Project Manager role)
- Board member of the Swiss LegalTech Association
- Member of several professional associations such as the Geneva Bar Association, the Swiss Bar Association, the Law Society of England & Wales and the American Bar Association
Schellenberg Wittmer Ltd‘s teams stand out for being ‘creative, sharp, and perfectly managed‘. The core pillars of the Geneva office are dispute resolution, namely litigation and international arbitration as well as investigations and white-collar criminal law, areas of focus for Philippe Bärtsch, Louis Burrus, Benjamin Borsodi and Paul Gully-Hart; banking and finance, where Caroline Clemetson, Tarek Houdrouge and Grégoire Wuest are key names; real estate and construction, where Yves Jeanrenaud specialises; and corporate and M&A, which is the focus of Christoph Vonlanthen.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking and finance: Geneva
- Dispute resolution: arbitration
- Dispute resolution: litigation
- Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Intellectual property
- Leading firms: French-speaking Switzerland
- Private client
- Real estate and construction