Mr Peter Burckhardt > Schellenberg Wittmer Ltd > Zurich, Switzerland > Lawyer Profile
Schellenberg Wittmer Ltd Offices
P.O. Box 2201
- Go to...
Mr Peter Burckhardt
Zurich / Dispute Resolution / White-Collar Crime and Compliance / Internal Corporate Investigations / International Arbitration / Restructuring and Insolvency
Peter Burckhardt leads Schellenberg Wittmer’s Dispute Resolution Group in Zurich, as well as the White-Collar Crime & Compliance and the Internal Corporate Investigations teams. Peter has developed a strong practice in complex criminal, regulatory and civil litigation matters, often involving multi-jurisdictional components. He is also frequently retained to conduct internal investigations for a broad range of topics.
- Defending a global Swiss bank in a money laundering investigation related to foreign corruption
- Representing a German car manufacturer against consumer mass claims in the context of the Diesel affair
- Lead counsel to a major Brazilian construction group for the Swiss aspects of the Petrobras matter, which settled in a trilateral deal (BR/US/CH)
- Swiss lead counsel to a global bank headquartered in Switzerland in the U.S. tax dispute
- Defending a major bank in a Ponzi scheme fraud investigation and related civil and regulatory action
- Defending a member of top management of a global bank in criminal and regulatory proceedings by Swiss and U.S. law enforcement
- Defending an ousted head of state in a corruption and money laundering investigation
- Member of various professional associations including the Zurich and Swiss Bar Associations, the International Bar Association (IBA), the European Criminal Bar Association (ECBA), and the Swiss Arbitration Association (ASA)
Schellenberg Wittmer Ltd has considerable expertise in acting for financial institutions, companies from the energy and consumer goods industries as well as individuals. The team is regularly engaged in a variety of banking and commercial disputes, where it works closely across practice groups. Another active field is representation in white-collar criminal law and investigations, where Peter Burckhardt and of counsel Vincent Jeanneret in Geneva have particular experience. Burckhardt jointly leads the practice with Geneva-based Clara Poglia and Louis Burrus. Christian Girod, who is well versed in banking matters, Stefan Leimgruber, Urs Hoffmann-Nowotny and counsel Roland Ryser provide additional support.
Schellenberg Wittmer Ltd fields ‘a highly professional and competent team of lawyers‘. The firm has expertise in the full range of business law, such as in the fields of banking and finance; capital markets; corporate and M&A; IP and competition, areas where Philippe Borens, Lorenzo Olgiati, Oliver Triebold, Lorenza Ferrari Hofer and David Mamane are key names. The team also has strong capabilities in dispute resolution, where Peter Burckhardt, Christopher Boog and Urs Hoffmann-Nowotny are noted. Josef Caleff is also active.
- Dispute resolution: litigation - Switzerland
- Leading firms: German-speaking Switzerland - Switzerland
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking and finance: Geneva
- Dispute resolution: arbitration
- Dispute resolution: litigation
- Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Intellectual property
- Leading firms: French-speaking Switzerland
- Private client
- Real estate and construction