Ali Zaidi > Edwin Coe LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Edwin Coe LLP Offices
2 STONE BUILDINGS
- Go to...
Head of Litigation and of the Restructuring & Insolvency team
Ali Zaidi is the Head of Litigation and of the Restructuring & Insolvency team. He has worked on several high profile Insolvency cases including multi-million pound bankruptcy and corporate Ponzi frauds.
He has experience in asset tracing abroad, pursuing and defending claims of misfeasance by directors, conducting Insolvency Act examinations, advising on asset avoidance schemes, pursuing directors personally for deceit and defending directors in disqualification proceedings.
He also has extensive experience of commercial litigation matters ranging from fraud investigations to partnership and shareholder disputes.
He is a past member of the Disciplinary and Regulatory Committee of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants. He regularly lectures to groups of Insolvency Practitioners and Chartered Accountants and is a past Law Society Committee Member.
Qualified 1990; salaried partner Edwin Coe 2000; equity partner 2004; regularly lectures to groups of insolvency practitioners and accountants.
Member Admissions Licensing and Disciplinary Committee of ACCA
Executive committee member of the London Chamber of Commerce and Industry
Asian Business Association
Institute of Asian Professionals
Law Society Council membership Committee.
South Bank University 2(1)
Watching Crystal Palace FC underachieve
Edwin Coe LLP is well-equipped to act for claimants in cases of mass fraud and has ‘outstanding’ know-how in claims relating to timeshare fraud and high-profile insolvency matters. The team, spearheaded by David Greene and Ali Zaidi who are specialists in the commercial litigation and insolvency fields respectively, is recognised for its involvement in fraudulent misconduct claims and advising on asset avoidance schemes.
‘A medium-sized firm with a great reputation in litigation‘, Edwin Coe LLP regularly acts in actions against major banks, in relation to sizeable commercial losses arising from contracts, failed investments and the mis-selling of financial products. The team also acts in substantial commercial judicial reviews and breaches of confidence claims. Ali Zaidi specialises in fraud-related cases, and insolvency and reconstruction matters; David Greene is ‘one of the best litigation solicitors practising in the City‘; Zahira Hussain routinely assists with contract-related claims; and elevated to partner in April 2023, barrister Thomas Johnson is experienced in fraud cases, finance disputes, and company law.
- Commercial litigation: mid-market London > Dispute resolution
- Fraud: civil London > Crime, fraud and licensing
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Dispute resolution > Group litigation: Claimant
- Insurance > Insurance litigation: for policyholders
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: Smaller Deals, £10m-£100m
- Real estate > Residential property
- Employment > Senior executives
- Corporate and commercial > Equity capital markets – small-mid cap
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: civil
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: trade marks, copyright and design
- Real estate > Property finance
- Employment > Employers
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate