Zahira Hussain > Edwin Coe LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Edwin Coe LLP Offices
2 STONE BUILDINGS
- Go to...
Zahira has experience of advising Claimants as well as Defendants. She primarily deals with contractual disputes but also has experience of advising clients in professional negligence and judicial review cases.
Zahira joined Edwin Coe as a Trainee in September 2006. She qualified into the Commercial Litigation department in September 2008 and as Partner in 2020.
Urdu; Punjabi; conversational French
Acts as a “champion” for the Junior London Solicitors Litigation Association (JLSLA) acting as a coordinator between junior litigators at Edwin Coe and the JLSLA
Acted as a mentor for a charity called Mosaic which is part of the Prince’s Trust.
Sat on the Board of Mosaic’s London Regional Leadership Group
Oxford University, Law, 2:1.
Lawyer Rankings(Next Generation Partners)
‘A medium-sized firm with a great reputation in litigation‘, Edwin Coe LLP regularly acts in actions against major banks, in relation to sizeable commercial losses arising from contracts, failed investments and the mis-selling of financial products. The team also acts in substantial commercial judicial reviews and breaches of confidence claims. Ali Zaidi specialises in fraud-related cases, and insolvency and reconstruction matters; David Greene is ‘one of the best litigation solicitors practising in the City‘; Zahira Hussain routinely assists with contract-related claims; and elevated to partner in April 2023, barrister Thomas Johnson is experienced in fraud cases, finance disputes, and company law.
Edwin Coe LLP fields a ‘lean and nimble team which punches well above its weight in heavy duty commercial litigation‘, with over 30 years of experience in group claims across a wide array of sectors. Public law litigation is a key strength of the practice, which notably acted on the Post Office litigation concerning sub-postmasters. ‘Charming and totally switched-on’ David Greene, a former President of the Law Society, leads the team that consist of ‘very efficient and perceptive’ Zahira Hussain, both with a wealth of experience representing claimants in collective actions. Other noted practitioners within the team include the ‘very hard working’ Thomas Johnson, and Canadian-qualified senior associate Fred Sheppard.
- Next Generation Partners London > Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Commercial litigation: mid-market London > Dispute resolution
- Group litigation: Claimant London > Dispute resolution
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Dispute resolution > Group litigation: Claimant
- Insurance > Insurance litigation: for policyholders
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: Smaller Deals, £10m-£100m
- Real estate > Residential property
- Employment > Senior executives
- Corporate and commercial > Equity capital markets – small-mid cap
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: civil
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: trade marks, copyright and design
- Real estate > Property finance
- Employment > Employers
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate