Commercial, corporate and M&A in Slovakia
Allen & Overy Bratislava, s.r.o.
Fielding an 'experienced' team, Allen & Overy Bratislava, s.r.o. is among the leading firms in the market for high-profile M&A, particularly in sectors such as energy and infrastructure, telecoms, IT, manufacturing and finance. The 'hugely knowledgeable' Martin Magál leads the group, which includes senior associates Tomáš Búry and Ivan Kisely. Vojtech Pálinkáš joined Advokátska kancelária MCL, s.r.o., while Juraj Gyárfáš moved to Dentons.
‘A well-known team in the market‘
European Investment Bank (Al Rajhi)
SZRB Asset Management
Všeobecná úverová banka
Továreň na Čokoládu
- Advised Aegon on the €155m divestment of its insurance businesses in the Czech Republic and Slovakia to NN Group.
- Advising Home Credit and Air Bank (PPF Group) on the contemplated sale of its Slovak and Czech consumer finance and banking business to Moneta Money Bank, and parallel subscription by PPF group of a significant stake in Moneta Money Bank.
- Advised European Investment Park (Al Rajhi) on the sale of Airport Park logistic centre, near the Bratislava airport, to PointPark Properties (P3 Czech&Slovakia a.s.), which is owned by a Singaporean sovereign wealth fund.
The 'professional' team at Čechová & Partners is experienced in transactions connected with the energy, construction, life sciences, fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG), automotive, transport and IT sectors. In addition to being active in domestic matters, it is also sought out in transactions with a cross-border dimension; one name to note is Katarína Čechová, who is 'very dedicated to foreign clients'. Lenka Subenikova , who co-heads the practice with Čechová, is also recommended.
‘The team has a cooperative approach, with a focus on searching for pro-business solutions‘
‘Michal Simunic builds very good customer relationships and has an understanding of the client’s constraints and needs‘
AFS Technologies Inc
Bausch Lomb (former Valeant)
Inalfa Roof Systems
Karlovarské minerální vody, a.s.
Merck Sharp & Dohme, s.r.o.
POVAZSKY CUKOR, member of NORDZUCKER GROUP
Slovak subsidiary of LEDVANCE
SMRC (former Reydel)
Supernova Privatstiftung group
Vienna Airport / Flughafen Wien AG
- Advised Karlovarské minerální vody on the acquisition of PepsiCo’s operations.
- Advised the shareholders of VESCON Group with the Slovak law aspects of the sale of the majority of shares in the group.
- Advising Santen Pharmaceutical on the establishment of an operation in Slovakia.
Kinstellar's international reach makes it well-positioned to handle cross-border M&A for large global companies operating in the energy, real estate, insurance, TMT, financial services and logistics sectors. The team is led by 'very experienced' managing partner Patrik Bolf, who works with Viliam Myšička and managing associate Tomáš Melišek.
‘I like the firm’s professional – yet informal – approach to its clients‘
‘I appreciate the interest of the Kinstellar individuals we work with in our business and how deep they dive to understand the core of the issue they have been approached to resolve‘
AIP Asset Management
The Valseco Group
European City Estates (ECE)
Wood & Company
JVC Kenwood Corporation
ProLogis Developments Holding
Czech Property Investments
Stiga (formerly Global Garden Products)
The Capital Markets Company
Východoslovenská energetika Holding (RWE/Innogy group)
Západoslovenská energetika (E.ON group)
REDSIDE Investiční Společnost
Faisal Private Bank
- Advised AIP Asset Management, a Seoul-based asset manager, and London-based real estate investment manager The Valesco Group on the €120m acquisition of Twin City Tower in Bratislava from HB Reavis.
- Advisedd Veolia Energia on the acquisition of Slovintegra Energy and a group of related companies.
- Advised E.ON on the sale of CCGT power plant to Západoslovenská energetika.
White & Case s.r.o is a go-to for market-leading, cross-border transactions where it draws on its impressive global footprint to provide full-service support. Clients include large foreign investors, leading Slovak companies and government entities. The practice is jointly led by Juraj Fuska and Marek Staroň, who are 'exceptional'. Zoran Draškovič and Michal Pališin were recently promoted to partner.
‘Juraj Fuska is assertive and flexible; he has the ability to react in every situation and stands out for his communication skills‘
‘Marek Staroň is highly regarded‘
Ministry of Economy of the Slovak Republic and MH Invest, s.r.o.
Allianz – Slovenská poisťovňa, a.s.
NFŠ, a.s. and Tehelné, a.s.
- The team continues to advise the Ministry of Economy of the Slovak Republic and MH Invest on a €1.4bn investment by Jaguar Land Rover in a strategic park in Nitra.
- Advised Allianz Slovenská poisťovňa on its acquisition of the Slovak branch of D.A.S. Rechtsschutz AG (or Ergo Group).
- Advised W.A.G. payment solutions (Eurowag Group) on its acquisition of a leading Spanish operator of fuel stations.
Barger Prekop s.r.o.
Barger Prekop s.r.o.'s team 'really knows how to focus on the big picture and not get lost in the details'. The team is best-known for its strengths in complex M&A and corporate governance matters. It is notably adept in cross-border mandates, and is a particularly strong in energy-related work and private equity transactions. Adrian Barger has 'vast experience' and is noted for his M&A expertise.
‘Blending Slovak and US lawyers in one team is a key for its uncompromised quality advice which gives the firm an edge in negotiations‘
‘The team members are always at your disposal; they are responsive, but at the same time are pragmatic with excellent business acumen‘
‘Erik Seman is an excellent commercial and M&A lawyer; he is strong, experienced, responsive and at the same time pragmatic. He has commercial acumen, creative thinking and a great way with people‘
‘Anthony Hernandez is an excellent attorney and is very good at cutting through the legal issues to the commercial elements‘
‘The practice is unique in its approach; it understands the business needs and the fact that the situation is not black and white‘
‘It has a team of experienced professionals with international qualifications, language capabilities and industry knowledge‘
‘The team’s availability and efficiency in delivering the outcome is exceptional, but what I would highlight is the set of values they present such as openness in negotiations, provision of service, punctuality and high professionality‘
‘Roman Prekop is a legal strategist and is good at planning several steps ahead‘
CMS stands out for its ability to handle multijurisdictional deals, and it is particularly active in the financial services, energy, utilities and private equity industries. In addition, its team is increasingly present in transactions involving the consumer products, retail, life sciences and automotive sectors, as well as the technology, media and communications industries. Petra Čorba Stark, who was recently promoted to partner, co-heads the team with Peter Šimo.
Wood and Co.
Pro Partners Holding
Future Group OY
- Advised Advent International on the €1.9bn acquisition of Zentiva from Sanofi.
- Advised Liberty Global on the €180m sale of its direct-to-home (DTH) satellite TV operations in Slovakia, the Czech Republic, Hungary and Romania to M7 Group.
- Advised IAD Investments (IAD) on the successful acquisition of the Steinerka Offices in Bratislava from MiddleCap Real Estate.
Dentons offers extensive coverage of the CEE and CIS regions, and regularly works in tandem with its Prague office to handle corporate and M&A instructions for clients on both the buy and sell sides. The Bratislava team has a strong track record in advising international clients on their entry into the Slovak market. It handles a mix of transactional and day-to-day support. Zuzana Šimeková is knowledgeable about competition issues related to M&A. The team has recently been bolstered by the arrival of Juraj Gyárfáš from Allen & Overy Bratislava, s.r.o. in 2019. Counsels Katarina Pecnová and Martin Mendel are also recommended. Jan Procházka oversees the team.
‘Martin Mendel has extensive experience of the transactions that we do and is able to apply it to non-standard situations‘
Tatra Asset Management (TAM)
COLAS Slovakia, a.s.
Stadler Rail Management
Czechoslovak Group (CSG)
- Advised Tatra Asset Management (TAM) on the acquisition of companies owned by KLM that hold shopping centres in nine different locations.
- The team is advising on the establishment of a limited liability company for Nissei Plastic in Slovakia.
- Advised COLAS Slovakia on the recapitalisation of the company.
Hamala Kluch Víglaský s.r.o.
Hamala Kluch Víglaský s.r.o. houses 'capable individuals who are able to work as a team, and also provide individual expertise'. The team often handles high-profile corporate and M&A deals which have a cross-border element; the transport, financial services, energy, real estate, chemicals, manufacturing, retail, automotive and manufacturing sectors are particular areas of strength. Roman Hamala, Lukáš Michálik and Martin Kluch are recommended.
‘The staff are knowledgeable in the area of support they provide us and they are flexible in their approach in that they make themselves available even during busy seasons to take care of our ad hoc requests‘
‘Roman Hamala’s main advantage is his in-depth knowledge of the legal and financial requirements of Slovak law; based on that he is able to guide us on strategic transactions‘
‘Lukáš Michálik’s main advantage, apart from his knowledge of the legal and financial requirements for our company, is his flexible approach to handling urgent matters‘
‘The firm has a client-orientated approach; the drive for finding a solution; empathy; and it strives for customer satisfaction‘
‘Martin Kluch and his team really dive deeply into their client’s problems and (almost) make them their own. They are very creative in coming up with possible solutions and are hands-on when it comes to implementing them‘
‘Martin Kluch has a gift for explaining difficult procedures in an easy way and to convey unpleasant facts with humour (which just makes it better)‘
Budamar Logistics, a.s.
Moravia Steel, a.s.
Cresco Group, a.s.
Terno Real Estate, s.r.o.
Bulk Transshipment Slovakia
Concession of MR Stefanik airport
Budamar Logistics JV
- Advised Budamar Logistics on the acquisition of 50% of the shares in Slovak entity Tatravagónka.
- Advised Budamar Logstics on the acquisition of a share in Slovak entity, ŽOS Vrútk.
- Ongoing advice to Johnson Controls on a wide range of corporate and M&A matters.
Hillbridges' M&A expertise spans the energy, real estate, insurance, telecoms, pharmaceutical and automotive sectors where it is often engaged on cross-border mandates. Zuzana Bartošovičová, Miroslav Trenčan, Andrej Adamčík and Martin Cabak are recommended.
Slovenské elektrárne, a.s.
International association of oil transporters, z.s.
Grand Circle LLC
PPA Controll, a.s.
Pixel Federation, a.s.
Emergency Oil Stocks Agency, Slovakia
- Advised Sanofi on the sale of Zentiva, its generic business in Slovakia, as part of the acquisition of Zentiva -Sanofi’s European generics business, by Advent.
- Advised M-Market Group on the disposal of CBA Slovakia.
- Advising Slovenské elektrárne, a.s. on numerous corporate, competition and energy regulatory matters, including the completion of the Mochovce nuclear power plant project.
RUŽIČKA AND PARTNERS s. r. o.
RUŽIČKA AND PARTNERS s. r. o. stands out for its strengths in cross-border transactions where it acts for a range of energy, construction, infrastructure, TMT, automotive and transport sector clients. Corporate governance and compliance matters are also a key focus of the team. Lucie Schweizer heads up the practice.
‘Very punctual with the analysis of a newly introduced law on the Slovakian market‘
‘Helpful with the contact and negotiations with the Slovakian regulators‘
‘The team is punctual, responsive and gives answers that are to the point‘
Johns Manville Slovakia/U.S. (Berkshire Hathaway company)
MOL, Slovnaft, a.s. group entities
Západoslovenská energetika (E.ON group) entities
STRABAG group entities
Airbus DS SLC
Siemens group entities
- Advised Poľnoservis on the €20m acquisition of shares in Slovakian entity Bio Oil Development and Austrian Green Asset.
- Advised UNIQA on the merger of its subsidiaries in Slovakia.
- Advising state-owned company Slovak Investment Holding on a circa €1m investment into the Aeromobil Group.
Squire Patton Boggs s.r.o. draws on its international network of offices to advise on complex transactions and shows particular strengths across private equity and real estate-related work. Jana Pagáčová has left the firm to establish her own practice. Radek Janeček divides time between Bratislava and Prague. Silvia Belovičová and Tatiana Prokopová are other key figures in the team.
Západoslovenská energetika, a.s.
British Embassy, the Slovak Republic
Low & Bonar Slovakia, a.s.
Minerals Technologies Inc.
Shoeller Allibert Services B.V.
MARKÍZA – SLOVAKIA, spol. s r.o. 2 No
GlaxoSmithKline Slovakia s.r.o.
- Advised Shoeller Allibert Services B.V. on the liquidation of its Slovak subsidiary.
- Advised ESPIRA Investments on its acquisition of JK Education.
- Ongoing corporate and commercial advice to major Slovak energy company Západoslovenská energetika.
Taylor Wessing Slovakia excels in cross-border transactions where it is regularly instructed by foreign investors and is increasingly acting for larger Slovak companies. The tech sector is a key area of expertise for the team where it acts for a raft of Slovak start-ups and high-tech industry clients. Andrej Leontiev, Radovan Pala and Juraj Frindrich are key figures in the 'experienced' team.
ARKON, a. s.
GA Drilling, a.s.
Kováč family (private client)
Shareholders of Websupport
A. + E. Keller / Ernst Keller
CentralNic / SK-NIC, a.s.
SLOVAK AMERICAN FOUNDATION
Emil Frey AG
Slovenský rastový kapitálový fond, a.s.,
Legitimate shareholders of Technopol Services 3 No
MAX STREICHER GmbH & Co. Kommanditgesellschaft auf Aktien >10 No
Raiffeisen Property International GmbH
Stream Invest Holding AG
City of Bratislava and the Major’s office
BVS (Bratislava Water Company)
DPB (Bratislava Public Transportation Company)
- Advised the shareholders of WebSupport on its sale to Loopia Group.
- The team advises the City of Bratislava when exercising its shareholders’ rights in various companies.
- Representing the legitimate shareholders of the company Technopol Services in connection with a hostile takeover of the company and its assets.
Beatow Partners s.r.o
Beatow Partners s.r.o's group is 'quick, proactive and professional in its responses', according to a client. Its capabilities in the corporate and M&A sphere are evidenced by its strong flow of work from domestic and international clients. Corporate restructuring work is also a key strength. Michal Delinčák, Branislav Brocko and Peter Mikletič are recommended.
‘The team has experience in serving multinational companies in a way they expect, i.e. quickly, precisely, on high-level; highlighting the most relevant issue‘
‘The firm’s level of service is outstanding. Apart from this, the team deals with a huge workload very well. The lawyers can easily grasp our goals and concerns‘
‘The firm is very helpful, solution-oriented and cooperative‘
‘Branislav Brocko, who is one of the partners, stands out as a highly experienced member of the team. He has up-to-date, deep and wide knowledge on the legal provisions and regulations, a very pragmatic attitude and he also knows a lot about the news and developments on the relevant market, thanks to his extensive practise in this law field‘
‘The team has good connections with the relevant authorities, as well as experience and industry knowledge‘
With a strong presence across the CEE region, bnt attorneys in CEE is particularly adept at advising on domestic and international transactions where it renders 'tailor made, practical and solution orientated advice by cutting right to the chase'. Margareta Sovova and Dávid Oršula are names to note.
‘David Oršula stands out both from a knowledge perspective and from a business mindset perspective. He can be relied upon to provide timely and concise advice that allows our company to resolve issues efficiently and to always put the business first‘
TNT Express (FedEx Group)
Mascotte Film AG
- Ongoing advice to TNT Express (FedEx Group) on several ongoing corporate governance matters.
- Advised Rajo on a share transfer following a joint-venture in the foodstuffs market.
- Advised Imperial Film AG on its acquisition of an 80% stake in a Slovak company from a deceased majority shareholder.
DLA Piper Weiss-Tessbach Rechtsanwälte GmbH, o.z. services Slovak and international clients on a range of complex transactions, often involving multiple jurisdictions. Michaela Stessl is the head of the practice.
CIT Aerospace International
RPC Group Plc.
First Data Corporation
Noerr's strong English and German language capabilities make it a strong choice among international clients for advice on their Slovak investments, as well as joint ventures and corporate restructurings, among other mandates. The team's experience spans sectors such as automotive, telecoms, manufacturing, real estate, logistics, retail and energy. Martin Ťupek leads the team.
Allianz Real Estate
Berger Bau GmbH
Deutsche Telekom AG
Kia Motors Slovakia
Manitowoc Crane Group
Manz Slovakia, s. r. o.
Opel Southeast Europe
Xantis Pharma s. r. o.
- Advising Aurelius Equity Opportunities SE & Co. KGaA on the €185m sale of Secop Group to Nidec.
- Advised GPV International on the acquisition of Swiss EMS company, CCS Group.
- Advised Loopia Group on its acquisition of WebSupport from Trantor Ventures.
RELEVANS Law Firm, which 'makes sure that the client is put first', acts for Slovak companies, management funds, banks and private investors. The sizeable team demonstrates strengths in real estate sector matters, and is also active in matters connected with the IT, telecoms, retail and financial services industries. Marián Masarik is recommended.
‘Andrea Kováčiková is incredibly detailed, thorough and methodical; her approach to drafting contracts and complex commercial problems is very deep; she thinks five steps ahead and is always able to work through even the toughest legal problems‘
‘Marián Masarik is incredibly calm and composed and has been instrumental in ensuring that difficult negotiations have concluded successfully. He is excellent at managing difficult to handle counterparties and was always able to take a step on the proverbial balcony and help everyone find a way out of the forest when we strayed off-piste during negotiations‘
‘Marián Masarik has great know-how in M&A transactions‘
‘We know very well what we can expect from each other and their lawyers share our goals and mindsets, that deeply helps to ease the course of even demanding transactions‘
‘Marián Masarik is a huge diplomat with extensive experience in transactions and commercial law‘
‘Martina Martáková and Martina Krupcová are very clever, have rational thinking, are precise and have a good business overview of the transaction‘
‘The team’s strengths are strong technical knowledge; its complex and proactive approach; and its ability to provide legal counselling throughout the whole legal project from the very beginning to its completion‘
‘Marián Masarik knows how to push even the most stubborn counterparties; I can always rely on him in any difficult and complex legal situation‘
Sandberg Capital, správ. spol., a.s.
Zuckermandel Byty, s.r.o.
J&T Finance Group SE
Poštová banka, a.s.
J&T Real Estate, a.s.
J & T Banka, a.s., pobočka zahraničnej banky
TERNO Slovensko, spotrebné družstvo
VSV Consulting, a.s.
RMS Mezzanine, a.s.
Westend Crossing, a.s.
Slovenské energetické strojárne a.s.
x-bionic sphere a.s.
Slovenská plavba a prístavy – lodná osobná doprava, a.s.
- Advised a private investor on the creation of a joint venture in order to participate and purchase the companies as the owners of three shopping centres in Spain, and also on a related acquisition in cooperation with a major Spanish law firm, where the deal value was €485m.
- Advised J&T Real Estate on the €400m purchase of 185 Park Street, Southbank, London from DV4 Properties Park Street Co Ltd.
- Advised Sandberg Capital and Benestra on the creation of a joint venture, Swan-Benestra.
Advokátska kancelária MCL, s.r.o.
The 'experienced and hands-on' team at Advokátska kancelária MCL, s.r.o. offers expertise in domestic and international transactions. Acquisitions, disposals, joint ventures and corporate restructurings are among the areas of activity for the 'quick and flexible' group, which was recently bolstered by the arrival of Vojtech Pálinkáš from Allen & Overy Bratislava, s.r.o.. Pálinkáš co-heads the practice with Martin Jurečko.
‘High level of understanding of the client’s problems; quick responses to our requests‘
‘It searches for all possible solutions with an emphasis on the real impact of the client’s future, anticipating any specific situation‘
‘Highly motivated, willing, empathetic people who are experts in their specialty‘
‘The firm brings us useful, practical advice and solutions‘
‘There are very clear explanations as to every risk and benefit of each solution‘
HB Reavis Slovakia, a. s.
Euro MAX Slovakia, a.s.
Grafobal Group a.s.
VEREX HOLDING, a.s.
AEN transnational energy group
BTS Bratislava Airport
- Advised MiddleCap Partners on the acquisition of FOKUS optic and FOKUS očná optika.
- Advised MiddleCap Real Estate on the sale of the Stein 2 Office Project.
- Advised Euromax Group on the sale of City Arena Shopping Mall in Trnava, Slovakia, to a company owned by Peter Korbacka of J&T.
Bartošík Šváby s.r.o. (former BS Legal s.r.o.)
Bartošík Šváby s.r.o. (former BS Legal s.r.o.), which acts for a number of international clients, has 'extensive and deep knowledge of the law' and is regularly engaged on foreign investments in Slovakia. The team acts for a number of international clients. Boris Šváby is recommended.
‘The team understands the needs of the client‘
‘Excellent response rates; it provides “to-the-point advice” and is great value for money‘
‘Igor Šváby has unparalleled knowledge of law and the industry, yet is easy to reach, willing to listen and provides custom-fit excellent advice; I could hardly imagine a better lawyer to do the job‘
Renault Retail Group S.A., Renault Retail Group SK, s.r.o.
WOOD & Company
- Advised KB Components on its acquisition of Slovak company, DKI Plast.
- Advised the Slovak subsidiary of French group Indigo on its acquisition of an 80% stake in Slovak company, Parking House.
- Advised on the creation of joint venture company GPB Technology, which was formed by three existing companies.
BBH advokátska kancelária, s.r.o. 's 'detail-orientated' team stands out for its experience of multijurisdictional M&A, where it regularly works with its Prague office. According to one client, 'all members of the team are to be commended on their precision and effectivity, as well as their business sense'. Matej Blahút made partner in 2019.
‘Members of the legal team were helpful in all stages of the transaction and were able to react swiftly to any challenges or obstacles which arose‘
‘Matej Blahút approached negotiations in a constructive fashion, which led to a swift closing of the transaction‘
‘Its expertise in the field of M&A law is detailed and, at the same time, practical‘
ČEZ ESCO, a.s. member of ČEZ Group
Immorent Slovensko, s.r.o.
Generali Real Estate
IS Capital, a.s.
ČEZ Servis, s.r.o.
ČEZ Distribučné sústavy a.s.
YIT Slovakia, a.s.
- Advised ČEZ ESCO, a member of ČEZ Group, on its €10m acquisition of Bytkomfort Nové Zámky.
- Advised ČEZ ESCO, a member of ČEZ Group, on its €20m acquisition of Spravbytkomfort Prešov and Serviskomfort Prešov.
- Represented ČEZ ESCO, a member of ČEZ Group, on its acquisition of a majority stake in e-Dome, a provider of energy services.
CERHA HEMPEL Šiška & Partners s. r. o. is heavily involved in corporate transactions, particularly those in the real estate and retail sectors. The team often works closely with international law firms on complex, cross-border matters. Jozef Bannert is a name to note.
Honeywell International Inc.
Procter & Gamble
Zara | Bershka | Pull & Bear | Stradivarius | Massimo Dutti | Oysho | Zara Home
I.C.W. INVESTMENT EUROPE LIMITED
Magna International Inc.
- Advised I.C.W. INVESTMENT EUROPE LIMITED on the acquisition, finance and construction of a biogas power plant and on the related acquisition of agricultural plots.
- The team continues to advise on the liquidation of two GE entities.
- Advised SOLARTEC HOLDING on the acquisition, financing, construction and operation of solar parks and waste-to-energy projects in the Ukraine, Romania and Bulgaria.
The 'very engaged and well-connected' team at LEGATE, s.r.o is often engaged in domestic and cross-border M&A. Real estate, transport, IT, agriculture, retail and private equity are among the key areas of strength. Peter Vrábel and Michal Mistrík are recommended.
‘Peter Vrábel is an old fox attorney and he is able to efficiently handle large and complex matters, which allows clients to confidently rely on him in long and complicated matters. He is fully dedicated, pragmatic and perfectly perceives the modus operandi and business needs of the client‘
‘Norbert Havrila is a very reliable attorney, results focused and dedicated to the client’s case. He is highly professional and fully committed‘
Majerník & Miháliková, s. r. o. offers 'excellent responsiveness' on M&A and other corporate matters. The team has extensive experience of technology sector transactions and is often engaged on cross-border mandates. Katarína Miháliková and Andrej Majerník are the joint heads of the practice.
‘The team always provided timely input into the negotiation process and contract creation‘
‘The team was always available, even during late evenings or weekends‘
‘The team has solid knowledge and good soft skills‘
‘The team provided professional communication, is focused on the matter and has good business skills‘
‘Ivan Kormaník is very keen to help with anything and is proactive with suggestions about potential issues and their remedies‘
‘Despite the limited size of the team, its availability and responsiveness are exceptional‘
‘Katarína Miháliková has the essence of experience, with more than 20 years practice in London and the CEE region, and knowledge of the market‘
‘Ivan Kormaník is a very talented associate; he is hardworking with a very good sense for practical solutions‘
Ultimate Technologies Limited
Civitta, a.s. (Neulogy, a.s.)
Education Solutions s.r.o.
- Advised Minit on a series of investments by various international investment funds and high-net-worth individuals.
- Ongoing advice to Sygic on a range of corporate and transactional matters.
- Advised Zátišie on an investment into eyerim.
PETERKA & PARTNERS
PETERKA & PARTNERS can draw on experts located across the CEE region to advise on cross-border M&A and other corporate and commercial matters. In a notable development at the firm, Lubomir Lesko recently made partner and was also appointed as director for Slovakia. Jan Makara leads the team.
Descours & Cabaud
ECE European City Estates
Slovak Investment Holding
Vandemoortele Slovenská republika
- Advised ECE European City Estates Diversified REITs on the sale of a logistics and warehouse facility, located in South Slovakia, to Gramercy Europe.
- Advised Slovak Investment Holding, a subsidiary of Slovenská záručná a rozvojová banka (the sole shareholder of which is the Ministry of Finance of the Slovak Republic,) on a potential acquisition.
- Advised Descours & Cabaud Group on the acquisition of the Slovak distributor of protective equipment.
PRK Partners s.r.o.
PRK Partners s.r.o. offers 'excellent legal expertise, combined with a very good understanding of requirements relating to commercial or business aspects'. Able to draw on its Prague-based resources, the Bratislava team is well-placed to handle complex M&A and cross-border transactions involving the Slovak market. Martin Kříž and Marián Baus are the co-heads of the practice.
‘The team has in-depth experience and it is practice-oriented; they provide real solutions for problems, not just an abstract advice‘
‘Martin Kříž is an outstanding professional; very experienced in commercial and corporate matters; excellent communication and negotiation skills; indisputable integrity‘
‘Marián Baus is very experienced in commercial and corporate matters; has excellent contract drafting abilities and is attentive and punctual‘
A consortium of Cintra/Ferrovia, Porr, Macquarie and Aberdeen
Engie (formerly GDF Suez)
HELLA GmbH & Co. KGaA
LG Electronics and LG Corporation
Marks & Spencer
One Rock Capital Partners, LLC
Ringier Axel Springer
ŠKODA JS a.s.
- The team is advising Kyocera Corporation on Slovak (as well as Czech) law issues on the share acquisition of Van Aerden Group.
- The team advised Ringier Axel Springer on an extensive corporate restructuring and the subsequent sale of the Slovak portfolio of printed newspapers and magazines.
- Advised Ringier Axel Springer on an acquisition of the biggest car classified site in Slovakia.
Schönherr Rechtstanwälte GmbH, o.z. (Schoenherr Slovakia)
The team at Schönherr Rechtstanwälte GmbH, o.z. (Schoenherr Slovakia) 'truly stands out for its expertise, professionalism, availability, precision and for its fully client-orientated approach'. International transactions are a pillar of the practice; the firm is engaged in matters spanning the manufacturing, energy, renewables, waste, automotive retail, real estate and financial services sectors. Stanislav Kovar and Sona Hekelova are the main contacts.
‘Sona Hekelova, who is an absolute professional, has a precise vision of the steps needed to be taken‘
‘Alexandra Adamickova and Peter Devinsky are also experts in their fields‘
‘The commercial, corporate and M&A practice group in Bratislava is a very well organised and exceptionally versatile team that is more than just the sum of its individuals; the entire team works so seamlessly that it appears as if each of the individuals could substitute for the other in case of need‘
‘The lawyers are virtually always available, very skilled and knowledgeable, yet extremely pragmatic and the resourcing for larger transactions is also exceptional‘
‘Everyone in the team is dedicated, helpful, very knowledgeable, and has a great hands-on mentality‘
‘Sona Hekelova is very experienced, helpful and pragmatic, and has great industry knowledge‘
‘Alexandra Adamickova is also very skilled, knowledgeable, helpful and pro-active‘
GOTEC Gorschlueter GmbH
Samvardhana Motherson Group
Certis Europe BV
MAN Truck & Bus Österreich GesmbH
Bank Austria Real Invest Immobilien-Management GmbH
Mondi SCP, a.s.
- Advised GOTEC on the acquisition of part of the business of the MSM group.
- Advised Samvardhana Motherson Group on the acquisition of Reydel group.
- Advised Mast- Jägermeister on the acquisition of Remy Cointreau in Slovakia.
Wolf Theiss works closely with its regional network of offices to advise on cross-border transactions. The team has recently been involved in several distressed M&A and insolvency mandates, and is also active in corporate restructurings. The insurance and financial services sectors are key areas of focus for the practice. Team head Katarina Bielikova recently made partner.
Münchener Rückversicherungs-Gesellschaft Aktiengesellschaft
Energizer Holdings Inc.
Hemisphere International properties, B.V.
- Advised Münchener Rückversicherungs-Gesellschaft Aktiengesellschaft on the sale and transfer of its legal protection insurance subsidiary, operated as its branch in the Slovak Republic.
- Advised Energizer Holdings Inc. on the $2bn acquisition of Spectrum Brands and VARTA Consumer Batteries.
- Advised Lagardère SCA on the €73m sale of its central European radio businesses to Czech Media Invest.
Škubla & Partneri s.r.o.
Škubla & Partneri s.r.o. has a notable profile among Slovak and international clients for whom it covers a wide ambit of corporate matters. On the transactional side, the team generates mandates from buyers, sellers and target companies. Venture capital deals are a key area of strength. Martin Fábry, Marián Šulík and Erika Galgóciová jointly lead the team, which saw Andrej Schwarz leave to focus on practising at SCHWARZ advokáti s.r.o..
Penta Investments, s. r. o. (Slovak Republic)
Penta Real Estate s. r. o.
Penta Investments Limited
Prima banka Slovensko a.s.
News and Media Holding
Svet zdravia, a. s.
- Advised the owner of SKY PARK s. r. o. on a corporate split.
- Advised BCT1, BCT2 and BCT 3 (formerly Obchodná spoločnosť Panská) on a reorganisation of the BCT project.
- Advised Mirakl a. s. on the acquisition of a chain of 11 pharmacies from Tesco Group.
Bird & Bird s.r.o. advokátska kancelária is regularly engaged in technology, communications and life sciences matters. The team in Bratislava is adept at handling complex cross-border mandates and is also able to tap into the firm's global network of offices, where required. Ivan Sagál is the key figure.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Slovakia, s.r.o.
- Ongoing advice to Hewlett Packard Enterprise Slovakia on a range of matters.
bpv Braun Partners s.r.o., o.z. often works with its Prague office to handle cross-border corporate mandates and its membership of the CEE alliance, bpv LEGAL, enhances its connections throughout the region. The automotive and manufacturing sectors are key areas of expertise. Igor Augustinič is trilingual in Slovak, English and German.
‘Excellent quality, solution-oriented, longstanding experience, international experience and local know-how‘
‘What makes the firm unique is that, although you get first class advice, the firm is very down-to-earth, is always open for pragmatic solutions, and it is part of the firm’s wider legal network, which clearly gives it a wide reach in CEE‘
Atos IT, Klett Publishing House, Wolters Kluwer and various other clients
- Advised Deutsche Balaton on the acquisition of a healthcare company.
- Advised Immofinanz on the acquisition of a stake in S IMMO AG.
- Advised MVGM on the acquisition of JLL’s property management business and on the set-up of the Slovak corporate structure.
Deloitte Legal s. r. o. handles a broad cross-section of corporate and M&A for clients operating in areas such as the automotive, real estate, energy, telecoms and transport sectors. The team works closely with the firm's tax team to provide a comprehensive service. Dagmar Yoder and Róbert Minachin are the joint heads of the practice.
Carcoustics Slovakia Nováky s.r.o.
Falck Záchranná a.s.
Eye Q Optika LLC
Industrial and Logistics Developments NV
EUROPACK, akciová spoločnosť
Lowa Sportschuhe GmbH
- Advised P3 Group on the acquisition of a land portfolio for the expansion of a logistic park.
- Advised Falck Záchranná on an internal reorganisation and also advises on transactional matters.
- Advised Paresa on the establishment of a branch in Slovakia.
Ernst & Young Law s. r. o.
Ernst & Young Law s. r. o. advises national and international clients on a range of corporate and M&A mandates. The team is able to draw on the firm's wider expertise in tax law to provide a full service to its clients.
Equidato Technologies AG
Facilitycomfort Energie- und Gebäudemanagement GmbH
KODYS Slovensko, s r.o.
Technopol International, a.s.
Garrett Motion Slovakia s. r. o.
- Advised Facilitycomfort Energie- und Gebäudemanagement on the sale of shares in Spravbytkomfort, a.s. Prešov.
- Advised Facilitycomfort Energie- und Gebäudemanagement on the sale of shares in Bytkomfort.
- Advised Kodys Slovensko on the reorganisation of its ownership structure, which involved the acquisition of a majority interest in the business by its management.
Eversheds Sutherland, advokátní kancelář, s.r.o., whose practice is jointly led by Bernhard Hager and Stanislav Dvořák, excels in transactions involving the automotive, energy, facility services and financial services sectors. As part of a vast international network, the team is well-placed to handle complex, multijurisdictional instructions and regularly works with its Prague office to advise on cross-border deals.
Max Aicher Group
- Advised OAM on an international tender for the acquisition of a part of the enterprise of Slovakia Steel Mills, in bankruptcy.
- Advised Metso Czech Republic on the liquidation of its branch in the Slovak Republic.
- Advised Indrec on a planned joint venture.
Glatzová & Co., s. r. o.'s Bratislava-based team often works alongside the Prague office to handle a raft of transactional work, often involving multijurisdictional issues. The team's 'advice is practical, comprehensive and very easy to understand'. Managing associate Veronika Pázmányová heads the Slovak office. Jiří Sixta and Vladimíra Glatzová split their time between the Czech Republic and Slovakia.
‘The team is very competent and business-oriented‘
‘The team understands its client’s business, which makes the results of its work very practical, precise and useful‘
‘Veronika Pázmányová is a problem solver and great strategist; she quickly grasps what you need and provides solutions how to get it on the spot‘
Ningbo Jihong Investment Co.
IKB Deutsche Industriebank AG
Pale Fire Capital SE
Mazda Motor Logistics Europe NV
Dentsu Aegis Group
itelligence Slovakia, s.r.o.
TrustWorthy Investment SK a. s.
Eltodo SK, a.s.
- The team is advising Innogy SE, and its Czech and Slovak subsidiaries, on the acquisition of major share in Innogy by E.ON.
- Advised Ningbo Jihong Investment Co. on its purchase of a 29.99% stake in GRAMMER Aktiengesselschaft.
- Advised IKB Deutsche Industriebank and its Slovak subsidiary, IKB Leasing SR, on the sale of its leasing portfolio in Slovakia.
SOUKENÍK – ŠTRPKA, s. r. o.'s sizeable team, which is led by Igor Vranka, garners client praise for its 'wide range of expertise', including company formations, joint ventures, reorganisations and shareholder agreements. The group generates work from both Slovak and international clients.
‘Fast reactions to requests‘
‘Has an individual approach to each case‘
Respect Slovakia, s.r.o.
Slovenská elektrizačná prenosová sústava, a.s.
OKTE, a. s.
Železničná spoločnosť Cargo Slovakia, a. s.
Priemyselný park Štúrovo, a. s.
Vodohospodárska výstavba, š.p.
TRW Automotive (Slovakia) s. r. o.
Nemak Slovakia, s.r.o.
Ministry of environment of the Slovak Republic
Trenčianska vodohospodárska spoločnosť, a.s. skrátený názov : TVS, a.s.
AP MEDIA, s.r.o.
Real Prim, s.r.o.
- Advised Respect Slovakia on the transfer of registered seat pursuant to Brexit.
- Advised the Ministry of the Environment of the Slovak Republic on the restructuring of a debtor.
- Advises Slovenská elektrizačná prenosová sústava on various company law matters.
STANĚK VETRÁK & PARTNERI, s.r.o
STANĚK VETRÁK & PARTNERI, s.r.o demonstrates strong capabilities undertaking corporate, commercial and M&A work for clients in the telecoms industry. In addition, its team is highly active in matters connected with the IT sector, an area where clients note the team's 'precise work, special attention to detail, and vast and deep knowledge of the industry and IT law'. The practice is jointly led by Peter Vetrák, Anton Staněk and Miriam Staněková.
‘The team always comes up with brilliant solutions, often satisfying all the parties‘
‘Peter Vetrák and Anton Staněk are very reliable advisers with extensive business knowledge. They are able to think over any matter in a very complex way and are very flexible when providing support. In particular, I appreciate their knowledge and experience in complicated IT matters and issues where IP is involved‘
‘The firm’s approach is very innovative, with attention to detail; it always accomplishes its work in the required time‘
‘Peter Vetrák is very practical; he always gets to the point and doesn’t waste time and he always finds the best solution to our problems, often coming up with new strategies and ways to satisfy our needs‘
‘Ján Sopiak delivers very professional work with attention to detail‘
Asseco Central Europe, a.s.
Diebold Nixdorf, s.r.o.
PosAm, spol. s r.o.
DWC Slovakia a.s.
UniCredit Bank Czech republic and Slovakia, a.s.
Slovnaft Mobility Services, s.r.o., member of SLOVNAFT group
Asseco Solutions, a.s.
Database Consulting, s.r.o.
Dopravný podnik Hlavného mesta Bratislava
Dražobná spoločnosť, a.s.
Asseco International, a.s.
EdgeCom, a. s.
- Advised Asseco Central Europe on the acquisition of technology company, CEIT.
- Advised Slovanet on the separation of the retail, wholesale, public and infrastructure parts of the company.
- Advised Asseco Central europe, on the merger of the CEIT group.
Stentors provides 'detailed, understandable and fast' advice. Jointly led by Peter Neštepný and Michal Hulena, the 'very well-managed and organised team' handles a range of corporate and M&A mandates, particularly in the healthcare and real estate sectors. Its work covers cross-border mergers, joint ventures, restructurings and corporate governance, among other matters.
‘A young and ambitious team which has proven to have all the required qualities; client focus, flexibility, dedication and in-depth know-how‘
‘The team was able to support us quickly and with a very high quality of delivery, both on the project management side as well as the documentation prepared‘
‘Vladimír Kordoš is available anytime and provides us with well structured, detailed and understandable advice‘
‘Vladimír Kordoš stands out for his expertise and efficiency in assisting us on complex matters with cross-border overlaps‘
‘Michal Hulena stands out for his strong business approach‘
‘Peter Neštepný’s response times are very good and his understanding of the local business environment is excellent‘
‘I appreciate Peter Neštepný’s creativity in approaching problems‘
Cord Blood Center Holding AG
Slovenský register placentárnych a krvotvorných buniek (EUROCORD)
Cord Blood Center Laboratories AG
Cord Blood Center Storage AG
Premier Sport Tour s.r.o.
Invest4SEE RE Investment Holding GmbH
eBIZ Corp a.s.
Inphinity s. r. o.
Alpiq Energy SE
- Advised Cord Blood Center Holding AG on the establishment of a holding structure for the client’s activities in the CEE region and Western Europe, and also on the relocation of its business to Switzerland.
- Ongoing advice to Invest4SEE RE Investment Holding on a range of projects in Slovakia and the Czech Republic.
- Ongoing advice to Clevergy on its business activities in the CEE region.