Andrew Evans > Chambers of Richard Chapman KC > Manchester, England > Lawyer Profile
18 St John Street Chambers Offices
18 St John Street Chambers
18-20 ST JOHN STREET
- Go to...
Andy has practiced exclusively in crime for fifteen years, prosecuting and defending at every level up to the Court of Appeal. He is a CPS Level Three prosecutor.
Andy has been briefed on matters indicting:
- -Attempted Murder
- -Multi-handed and multi-complainant s18
- -Serious Injury by Dangerous Driving
- -Firearms, including construction of firearms and use of firearms in the course of a robbery
- -Child Abduction and Kidnap, including Kidnap incorporating s18
- -Aggravated Burglary, including multi-handed offending involving the assault of homeowners with offensive weapons
- -Conspiracy to Rob Commercial Premises
- -Conspiracies to Supply and Import Class A drugs, also Conspiracy to Convey Drugs into Prison
- -Arson, including Arson with Intent to Kill
- -Computer Offences, including hacking offences and the downloading of indecent images
Complex Proceeds of Crime Applications
Andy has been instructed to conduct complex POCA for over a decade and has represented NCA, Border Force, Police, Local Authorities, CPS and Respondents both corporate and individual at all levels from the Magistrates Courts and the Tax Tribunal to the Court of Appeal. He accepts briefs post-trial to conduct standalone Confiscation proceedings, often following sentence and transfer of representation order.
He has built solid working relationships with local Financial Investigators and forensic accountants and has a contact list of useful experts built on his years of work in this field.
He has built up a strong practice appearing in applications to re-open Confiscation Proceedings under s22 of POCA, and in representing Third Parties under the s10A procedure. He frequently presents seminars to Prosecutors, Experts and Defence Solicitors on Confiscation law and tactics.
Called 2007; Middle Temple.
Northern Circuit, Criminal Bar Association
Marr College, Troon, South Ayrshire; Clare College, Cambridge University; Northumbria University; MA (Cantab) Law, LLM: awarded Distinction for thesis on Illegally Obtained Evidence.