Christopher Hall > Chambers of Iain Purvis KC > London, England > Lawyer Profile
11 South Square Offices
11 South Square
- Go to...
Barrister established in all intellectual property disciplines, and in commercial disputes with an IP angle. His 1st class physics degree and technical experience in industry give him an edge in IT and technology actions, and he has a wealth of experience in patent, trade mark, copyright, design, and confidential information disputes. His clients range from blue chip companies and household brands to SMEs and individuals, spanning a variety of industries such as telecommunications, software, gadgets, fashion, food & drink, medicine, music, and entertainment. Christopher has an established practice both as sole counsel and as a popular junior. He is also an expert in Nominet’s ‘.uk’ domain name dispute resolution service.
Recent cases include:
• Abbott Laboratories Limited v Dexcom Incorporated  EWHC 2246 (Pat) (patents, medical devices, expedition of revocation proceedings)
• Dr Reddy’s & Ranbaxy & ors v Warner-Lambert  EWHC 2182 (Ch) (patents, pharmaceuticals, damages inquiry)
• Facebook Ireland Limited v Voxer IP LLC  EWHC 1377 (Pat) (patents, telecoms)
• Globefill v Poundland (trade marks, interim injunction)
• Sky Limited v Sky Insurance  EWHC 1627 (Ch) (trade marks, passing off)
• Foundation for the protection of the traditional cheese of Cyprus named Halloumi v Babel Sajt  EWHC 2858 (Ch) (trade marks, collective marks)
• Lufthansa Technik AG v Astronics Advanced Electronic Systems  EWHC 1968 (Pat) (patents, electrical devices)
• Asia Standard Management v Standard International Management  EWHC 28 (Ch) (trade marks)
• Multi-Access Limited v Guanghzhou Wong Lo Kat  EWHC 3357 (Ch) (trade marks)
• Shua Limited v Camp & Furnace (aka Bongo’s Bingo) (passing off)
• Garmin (Europe) Ltd v Koninklijke Philips N.V.  EWHC 107 (Ch) (patents, electrical devices)
• Clearswift Ltd v Glasswall (IP) Ltd  EWHC 2442 (Pat) (patents, software)
• Apple Retail UK Ltd v Qualcomm (UK) Ltd  EWHC 1188 (Pat) (patents, telecoms, FRAND)
• Alliance Surgical Plc v Byrne & others  EWHC B9 (Ch) (confidential information, trade secrets)
• Scomadi Ltd & Anor v RA Engineering Co. Ltd & Ors  EWHC 2658 (IPEC) (registered design, unregistered design)
• Positec Power Tools (Europe) Ltd v Husqvarna AB  EWHC 1061 (pat) (Pat) (patents, telecoms)
• Meter-Tech Llc & Anor v British Gas Trading Ltd  EWHC 2278 (patents, telecoms)
• John Cummings & others v Chrysalis Music Limited (copyright, music)
• Lumos Skincare Ltd v Sweet Squared (UK) Ltd & others  EWHC 1313 (IPEC) (passing off, account of profits)
• Bodo Sperlein Ltd v Sabichi Retail Ltd & anr  EWHC 1242 (IPEC) (copyright)
• Iglotex SA v Iglo Foods Group Ltd (IGLOTEX)- Case T-282/13 (trade marks)
Worked as an IT project manager; called 2010.
Chancery Bar Association; IP Bar Association.
Imperial College London (2005 MSci physics, 1st).