Merrow Golden > Francis Taylor Building > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Francis Taylor Building Offices
FRANCIS TAYLOR BUILDING, INNER TEMPLE
- Go to...
- Planning and Environment
- Public Law, Human Rights and EU
- Highways, Village Greens and Commons
- Local Government
- Compulsory Purchase and Compensation
Merrow welcomes instructions to act individually or as a part of a team across all of Chambers’ practice areas. She has acted on behalf of local authorities, non-governmental organisations and private developers and is ranked as one of the top rated planning juniors under 35 (Planning Magazine 2021, 2020, 2019).
Merrow studied Social and Political Sciences at Cambridge before going on to study law. She has a First Class law degree from City Law School, London, and a masters degree from Columbia Law School, New York. Prior to starting her pupillage, Merrow worked as a Foreign Law Clerk for Justice Edwin Cameron at the Constitutional Court of South Africa and she is a qualified attorney in the state of New York.
Merrow is happy to work on a pro bono basis in appropriate cases.
- Administrative Law Bar Association (ALBA)
- The Planning & Environmental Bar Association (PEBA)
- Bar Admission: New York
- UK Environmental Law Association (UKELA)
- Columbia Law School, LLM (2014-2015)
- City Law School, BPTC (Very Competent) (2013-2014)
- City Law School, Graduate Entry LLB (First Class – top of the year) (2011-2013)
- St. John’s College, University of Cambridge, BA(Hons) Social and Political Sciences (Second Class, Upper Division) (2007-2010)
Merrow is a British/American who was born and raised in London with a strong connection to the North Cornish coast. She has a passion for travel and for experiencing different cultures (and cuisines!) but most of all she enjoys spending time with family and friends from all over the world.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading Juniors)Ranked: Tier 3
Merrow Golden – Francis Taylor Building ‘Merrow has a busy and thriving practice as a junior and is always in demand. She’s really good at bringing ideas from her wide experience to bear on a case. Merrow has a built-up an impressive track record in acting in planning and environmental judicial reviews in the high court, but also has a good practice in inquiry and tribunal advocacy where she is an effective cross-examiner.’(Rising stars)Ranked: Tier 1