Conor Fegan > Francis Taylor Building > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Francis Taylor Building Offices
Francis Taylor Building
FRANCIS TAYLOR BUILDING, INNER TEMPLE
- Go to...
- planning and environmental
- public law, human rights and EU law
- statutory nuisance
- local government
- village greens and commons
- advertisement consent
- licensing and anti–social behaviour
Conor is ranked as one of the top planning barristers under the age of 35. He has a busy planning, environmental and public law practice. He acts for a wide range of clients including central and local government, utility companies, national interest groups and charities, developers and landowners, and local residents. He is frequently instructed to appear both led and unled in judicial review proceedings and in planning inquiries and hearings. He also has a busy advisory practice.
Conor has particular expertise in cases that raise complex environmental issues, particularly under the Conservation of Habitats and Species Regulations 2017, the Town and Country Planning (Environmental Impact Assessment) Regulations 2017, and the Environmental Assessment of Plans and Programmes Regulations 2004. Many of his cases also involve complex public law questions. He has particular expertise in the residential, agricultural, energy, and retail sectors. He has recently been involved in a number of cases that have concerned the Paris Agreement and other climate change related matters.
Called to the Bar 2018.
- Administrative Law Bar Association (ALBA)
- Planning and Environment Bar Association (PEBA)
- Durham University, Law (First Class Honours / Top 1% of Cohort) (2014 – 2017)
- BPP University Law School, Bar Professional Training Course (Outstanding) (2017 – 2018)
Bar Awards & Scholarships
- Prince of Wales Scholar (Gray’s Inn) (2017)
- Excellence Scholarship (BPP University Law School) (2017)
- Michael Sherrard Access to the Bar Award (Middle Temple) (2016)
University Awards & Scholarship (Durham University)
- Academic Commendation (x 3) (Durham Law School) (2014 – 2017)
- Sullivan & Cromwell Award for Performance in Second Year Examinations (Durham Law School) (2016)
- Advanced Issues in Public Law Award (Durham Law School) (2016)
- Land Law Award (Durham Law School) (2016)
Secondary School Awards & Scholarships (St Colman’s College, Newry)
- All-Ireland Scholarship (JP McManus) (2017)
- Gradam an Uachtaráin – President’s Cup (St Colman’s College) (2017)
Conor won a number of debating and mooting competitions throughout his time at school and university. He also served as President of Durham University Mooting Society in his final year at Durham University. He has also lectured on the MSC in Construction Law and Dispute Resolution at King’s College London on ‘Environmental Law in Construction’. He regularly delivers lectures to clients on planning and environmental law issues.