Mark Smith > Chambers of David Josse KC > London, England > Lawyer Profile
5 St Andrews Hill Offices
5 St Andrews Hill
- Go to...
Mark is a barrister specialising in extradition and international family matters. He also practises in immigration and landlord and tenant law.
As a specialist in extradition proceedings, Mark regularly appears in the High Court (Admin) in relation to extradition appeals. He also appears in relation to cases concerning import and export extradition in EAW and Part 2 cases.
He is also regularly instructed in private children and care proceedings. Mark has experience of international abduction and permanent relocation proceedings in the High Court Family Division.
Mark is currently part of the team acting on behalf of reunite ICAC in the Supreme Court. The case examines the interplay between asylum under the Refugee Convention 1951 and child abduction under the Hague Convention 1980.
- Mark is Direct Access trained and can be directly instructed by members of the public through Direct Public Access. Please contact the clerks at 5SAH if you would like to instruct him directly.
- Mark was called to the Bar in 2012.
- Attorney General’s Panel of Counsel: C Panel.
- CPS Specialist Extradition Panel, Level 2.
- The Honourable Society of Lincoln’s Inn.
- Defence Extradition Lawyers’ Forum.
- Child Abduction Lawyers Association.
- BPP Law School, BPTC.
- Oxford Brookes University, GDL.
- University of Oxford, MPhysPhil (Physics and Philosophy).
- Walter Wigglesworth Pupillage Scholarship (2013).
- Kennedy Scholarship (2011).
- Hardwicke Entrance Award (2011).