Emily Wood > DMH Stallard LLP > Guildford, England > Lawyer Profile
DMH Stallard LLP Offices
1ST FLOOR, WONERSH HOUSE
THE GUILDWAY, OLD PORTSMOUTH ROAD
- Go to...
Real Estate Dispute Resolution
Emily is Partner and Head of the real estate dispute resolution group and is based in the firm’s Gatwick office.
Emily has more than 20 years of experience working on a wide range of complex and volume commercial real estate dispute matters. She has acted for a variety of private and public sector clients including local authorities, developers, hotel operators, retailers, educational institutions, pension funds, investors and not-for-profit organisations.
Emily’s property management expertise encompasses dealing with contested dilapidation claims and 1954 Act renewals, service charge disputes and possession claims, and she also has significant experience in development related issues including advising on restrictive covenants, conditional agreements, rights to light, overage disputes and enforcement of contractual obligations. In addition, Emily specialises in contested business rates appeals.
Emily prides herself on her commercial, responsive and measured approach to matters.
- Emily’s current workload includes acting for a national house builder in a significant dispute with a utility company, and for a national bank on its application to the Upper Tribunal seeking compensation from a local authority. She is also dealing with a potential significant repair claim for a national retailer.
- Member of Property Litigation Law Reform Committee
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Split between the firm’s Gatwick and Guildford offices, and an increasing presence in Brighton, DMH Stallard LLP’s real estate dispute resolution practice consists of a strong team of lawyers with a variety of specialist interests. In addition to her work advising a range of corporate and residential developer clients, team head Emily Wood has particular experience in business rates issues. Tina George heads up the wider real estate team, and Vanessa Joll operates out of Guildford, where she is especially well respected for her work on multiparty development disputes, as well as enfranchisement and professional negligence claims. James Picknell joined in July 2021, bolstering the firm’s already strong landlord and tenant offering, and associate Cheraine Williams oversees much of the team’s residential portfolio work.
- Leading individuals - South East > Real estate > Property litigation
- Property litigation - South East > Real estate
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Employment > Employment: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Real estate > Environment and planning
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Kent, Surrey and Sussex
- Real estate > Commercial property: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Private client > Family: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Employment > Immigration
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery