Sarah Elliott KC KC > Doughty Street Chambers > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Doughty Street Chambers Offices
53-54 DOUGHTY STREET
- Go to...
Sarah Elliott KC KC
Sarah has a proven track record in achieving successful outcomes for clients and specialises in defending sexual allegations and homicide. ‘A fantastic trial lawyer – one of the very best cross-examiners of tricky witnesses ‘She lives breathes and sleeps her cases and is an arch strategist’ – Chambers & Partners.
Sarah specialises in defending and has a strong reputation for winning unusual, complicated and demanding cases. Sarah knows the enormous stress and difficulty legal proceedings cause to clients and those close to them, and is skilled at dealing with the issues that arise with firmness and sensitivity.
Recent successful outcomes have included:
- Successful defence of a young man with Asperger’s charged with a “Tinder app” rape.
- Successful defence of rabbi accused by 4 men of historic child sexual abuse.
- Securing the acquittal of one of Britain’s ‘Most Wanted’ on charges of multi-million pound drug supply.
- Obtaining a suspended sentence for a man who had pleaded guilty to arranging to meet a 13 year old for penetrative sex.
- Successful defence of a businessman accused of breaching a restraining order and stalking.
Year of Silk: 2014
Year of Call: 1996
Criminal Bar Association.
University of Sussex (BA Hons, sociology, 2:1); University of Brighton (CPE, commendation); ICSL (BVC, very competent).