Sarah Dunlop > Carson McDowell > Belfast, Northern Ireland > Lawyer Profile
Carson McDowell Offices
- Go to...
Planning and Environmental Law Team
Sarah is an Associate at Carson McDowell and specialises exclusively in the Planning and Environmental Law team.
Sarah obtained her law degree (LLB (Honours) 1st) from Queens University, Belfast in 2009 and subsequently obtained her Certificate of Professional Legal Studies from the Institute of Professional Legal Studies. She qualified as a solicitor in September 2011 and joined the Planning and Environmental Law Team in Carson McDowell in January 2012. Sarah is one of the few solicitors in this jurisdiction who specialises exclusively in Planning and Environmental law. Sarah was made an Associate in May 2017.
Sarah’s experience includes assisting in the instigation and defence of judicial reviews of planning and environmental decisions; assisting with the co-ordination of planning inquiries for regionally significant applications; advising on the form, content and lawfulness of Environmental Statements; advising on planning conditions; advising generally on the legal framework set out in the Planning Act (NI) 2011 and subordinate legislation; providing planning due diligence support for the acquisition, disposal and financing of renewable energy developments in Northern Ireland; providing general planning and environmental law advices.
Member of the Law Society of Northern Ireland.
Committee Member of the Environmental and Planning Law Association of Northern Ireland.
Member of the UK Environmental Law Association.
Queen’s University, Belfast 2009: Law degree (LLB (Honours) 1st)
The Institute of Professional Legal Studies: Certificate of Professional Legal Studies
Lawyer Rankings(Rising stars)
Carson McDowell has ‘unrivalled strength in providing planning and environment advice in NI’, and the team is described as having ‘set itself apart in the planning litigation sphere’. Practice head Gary McGhee has a primary focus on planning and environmental law, with extensive experience in planning applications, appeals and inquiries. Grant McBurney is another key name and is particularly strong in on waste and contaminated land matters. Associate Sarah Dunlop is also highly recommended.
- Planning and environment - Northern Ireland > Real estate
- Rising stars - Northern Ireland > Real estate > Planning and environment
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Commercial property
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and M&A
- Dispute resolution
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy, project finance and PFI
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: defendant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Planning and environment