Claire Armstrong > Dentons > Edinburgh, Scotland > Lawyer Profile
15 LAURISTON PLACE
- Go to...
Corporate and Financial Services
Claire is a partner in the Firm’s Asset Management practice, dividing her time between the Edinburgh and London offices. She joined the Firm in January 2011, having been a partner with an international law firm in its London office.
Claire is a corporate finance and investment funds lawyer advising on UK and global investment funds, corporate and commercial matters including fund establishment and structuring, partnership law, listed funds, co-investments, schemes of arrangement, M&A, capital raisings, direct investments, group reorganizations and commercial contracts work. She frequently coordinates multidisciplinary teams and manages complex commercial projects.
Claire has a range of experience in advising closed-ended listed funds, in both advisory and transactional capacities. She also advises a wide range of alternative investment funds across all asset classes, including private equity, real estate, infrastructure and debt.
Claire is admitted as a Solicitor in Scotland and in England and Wales.
Trained Archibald, Campbell & Harley WS; qualified Scotland 2000; Biggart Baillie 2001-08; qualified England and Wales 2008; associate Fasken Martineau LLP 2008; partner Fasken Martineau LLP 2010; Maclay Murray & Spens 2011; partner 2014.
St Georges School for Girls, Edinburgh; University of Dundee (1997 LLB (Hons); 1998 Dip LP).
Skiing; hill walking; cooking; entertaining.
Dentons provides a full-service offering to its listed funds clients, which include longstanding institutional managers including Aberdeen Standard, and several major REITs; the group advises on fund formations, launches, IPOs and a variety of corporate governance advisory matters. The team is divided between the firm’s London and Edinburgh offices, with expertise in the Scottish market alongside strong cross-border capabilities. The team is jointly led by Guy Norfolk, who has notable relationships with Aberdeen Standard and Bailie Gifford; and Edinburgh-based Claire Armstrong, who advises funds on all aspects of formations and operations, with a particular specialism in closed-ended funds.
Dentons‘ team is noted for its strong capabilities in relation to private funds and listed funds. Its experience includes fund formation, fund financing, standalone regulatory issues and fund redomiciliations. It is also knowledgeable about matters that are specific to fund managers’ businesses and provides support on issues such as governance, compliance and financial crime. Claire Armstrong leads the team.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Real estate > Environment
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Finance > Investment funds
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Projects
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Real estate > Construction
- Employment > Employment
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy (excluding oil and gas)
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Insurance > Professional negligence