Steven Millward > Schofield Sweeney > Bradford, England > Lawyer Profile
Schofield Sweeney Offices
CHURCH BANK HOUSE
- Go to...
Steven advises on all aspects of corporate and commercial law. He acts for a wide range of clients from small to medium-sized enterprises through to large national companies and financial institutions.
His specialisms include acquisitions and disposals (of both assets and shares), management buy out and buy-ins, intra-group reorganisations, share buybacks, share option schemes and shareholders and partnership agreements. He also works with clients on formation and dissolution, commercial agreements and terms and conditions of sale.
Steven also has experience of a number of corporate insolvency transactions acting for both management on the purchase of business and assets out of administration, and insolvency practitioners on the sale of business and assets out of administration.
Yorkshire and the Humber > Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire
The members of Schofield Sweeney corporate team are appreciated for being ‘balanced and sensible in their approach and working hard to deliver.’ The group has close ties with regional owner managed and family businesses as well as national companies and HNWIs, which it supports in acquisitions, disposals, joint ventures, reconstructions/demergers and forms of equity and debt financing. Due to its close collaboration with the private client team, it can also cover tax and succession planning. David Strachan is well versed on this interface. Managing partner Martin Sweeney has experience in the financial services and automotive sectors. Other prominent practitioners are Steven Millward, Karen Crutchley and associate Lucy Holroyd.
- Corporate and commercial: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire - Yorkshire and the Humber > Corporate and commercial
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire
- Public sector > Education
- Real estate > Environment
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Planning
- Real estate > Social housing
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Real estate > Commercial property: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Projects, energy and natural resources (including PFI) > Infrastructure and energy
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Construction
- Employment > Employment: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms