Karen Crutchley > Schofield Sweeney > Leeds, England > Lawyer Profile
Schofield Sweeney Offices
76 WELLINGTON STREET
- Go to...
Led by Manjit Virdee, Schofield Sweeney continues to develop its expertise in secured real estate finance, asset based lending, development funding and invoice financing. The group acts for clearing banks, challenger banks and private equity fund specialists across the UK. It also has expertise in acting for private lenders in peer-to-peer lending for new start-ups, as well as real estate bridging finance; Karen Crutchley is the name to note.
Based in Leeds, Schofield Sweeney acts for both suppliers and providers on software licensing matters and contractual arrangements, and is noted for its expertise in e-commerce and data protection mandates. Karen Crutchley leads the practice and advises on a range of IT contracts, while director David Hunter focuses on commercial agreements.
Yorkshire and the Humber > Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire
The members of Schofield Sweeney corporate team are appreciated for being ‘balanced and sensible in their approach and working hard to deliver.’ The group has close ties with regional owner managed and family businesses as well as national companies and HNWIs, which it supports in acquisitions, disposals, joint ventures, reconstructions/demergers and forms of equity and debt financing. Due to its close collaboration with the private client team, it can also cover tax and succession planning. David Strachan is well versed on this interface. Managing partner Martin Sweeney has experience in the financial services and automotive sectors. Other prominent practitioners are Steven Millward, Karen Crutchley and associate Lucy Holroyd.
Yorkshire and the Humber > Projects, energy and natural resources (including PFI) > Infrastructure and energy
The multidisciplinary team at Schofield Sweeney specialises in small energy sites and acts for its client roster, including developers, investors, landowners and consultants, on wind, solar, biomass, waste to energy and energy storage mandates. Adam Hastie leads the practice and advises on projects involving joint ventures with infrastructure issues. Karen Crutchley, who negotiates commercial agreements for energy plants, is another key member of the team.
- Corporate and commercial: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire - Yorkshire and the Humber > Corporate and commercial
- Banking and finance - Yorkshire and the Humber > Finance
- Infrastructure and energy - Yorkshire and the Humber > Projects, energy and natural resources (including PFI)
- IT and telecoms - Yorkshire and the Humber > TMT (technology, media and telecoms)
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire
- Public sector > Education
- Real estate > Environment
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Planning
- Real estate > Social housing
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Real estate > Commercial property: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Projects, energy and natural resources (including PFI) > Infrastructure and energy
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Construction
- Employment > Employment: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms