Mr Simon Sanders > CMS > Amsterdam, Netherlands > Lawyer Profile
1077 DG AMSTERDAM
- Firm Profile
- Go to...
Mr Simon Sanders
TMC – Technology, Media & Communications
Simon Sanders is a member in our IP/TMC Practice Area Group. As a former in-house counsel for a leading telecommunications multinational, he was hired by CMS to lead the telecommunications practice. Since then the practice has been expanding at a rapid pace. In addition, Simon advises both suppliers and customers on all legal aspects of contracting and implementing complex IT projects. Simon’s knowledge of the technical and operational aspects of telecommunications and IT, combined with his legal skills, are widely acknowledged.
Simon is an active member of the CMS International Telecommunications Practice Group, which has access to the combined knowledge of 54 offices in 29 jurisdictions.
- Dutch Law (International Law), Utrecht University
- Company and Commercial Law, Grotius Academy for Post-Graduate Law Studies
- Dutch Law (Company and Social Law and Economics), Utrecht University
Netherlands > Industry focus: Media and entertainment
CMS‘s media, entertainment and sports team advises clients on commercial arrangements, corporate transactions and litigation in a range of industries, such as sports, advertising, film, gaming and social media. IP expert Rogier de Vrey focuses on disputes concerning the exploitation and enforcement of digital media rights. Sports law specialist Michiel Van Dijk advises sports organisations, associations and international top athletes on a variety of sports mandates. Senior counsel Simon Sanders supports clients on the overlap between legal issues and technology, while Marcoline van der Dussen is a key support on media and advertising-related IP matters.
Netherlands > Industry focus: Information technology
Blockchain, AI and digital transformation of traditional industries forms a large part of CMS‘ broad tech, media, communications and data privacy and protection practice. Head of the employment and TMC sector group Katja Van Kranenburg – Hanspians focuses on data protection and the implementation of IT platforms and preparing contracts with third parties. Senior counsel Simon Sanders is a key contact for tech-related dispute resolution and assistance with the roll-out of new technologies and ecosystems. Rogier de Vrey works on IT matters that intersect with IP, while cybersecurity practitioner Erik Jonkman is a name to note for global and domestic security incidents.
Netherlands > Data privacy and data protection
CMS’s privacy and cybersecurity team has a robust cyber incident management practice. Erik Jonkman heads the practice, advising cyber insurers on data theft and ransomware. Head of the TMC sector group Katja van Kranenburg-Hanspians is a key contact for contract matters relating to technology and data, while Edmon Oude Elferink and senior counsel Simon Sanders are other key members of the team, assisting on competition issues related to data protection violations and the privacy aspects of innovative technology systems, respectively.
- Data privacy and data protection - Netherlands
- Industry focus: Information technology - Netherlands
- Industry focus: Media and entertainment - Netherlands
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Industry focus: Food
- Industry focus: healthcare and life sciences
- Real estate
- Restructuring and insolvency
- Banking and finance: Borrower side
- Banking and finance: Financial services regulatory
- Banking and finance: lender or arranger side
- Data privacy and data protection
- Energy: regulatory
- Energy: transactional
- Environment and planning
- EU and competition
- Industry focus: Information technology
- Industry focus: retail
- Intellectual property: Patents
- Commercial, corporate and M&a
- Dispute resolution: Commercial litigation
- Industry focus: Media and entertainment
- Intellectual property: trade marks, copyrights and design rights