Mrs Katja van Kranenburg-Hanspians > CMS > Amsterdam, Netherlands > Lawyer Profile
1077 DG AMSTERDAM
- Go to...
Mrs Katja van Kranenburg-Hanspians
Employment & Pensions, Technology, Media & Communications
Katja heads the Employment Group and the Technology, Media & Communications Sector Group of CMS in the Netherlands. As an employment lawyer, she advises (international) companies about high profile employment law matters. Her pragmatic and straightforward way of working enables companies to take strategic decisions. She is very much interested in the new technologies and skills and the impact & opportunities of technology on work.
Her enthusiasm for technology and skills comes together in her role as Lead of the Human Capital Agenda of the Dutch Blockchain Coalition and of the Netherlands AI Coalition. The joint focus is to speed up the knowledge of blockchain and AI in education, to support organizations in getting a better understanding of the changes in their industries when working with these technologies and to increase opportunities for students, employees and others who seek paid work to understand the benefits of these technologies.
Dutch, English, Armenian
- Lead Human Capital DBC and NLAIC
- Member of the Dutch Employment Law Association (VAAN)
- Board member of the International Employment & Pensions PAG
- Labour Law, Grotius Academy for Post-Graduate Law Studies
Acting predominantly for international companies, CMS leverages its global presence to take on cross-border employment mandates. The firm frequently advises on restructurings and has also seen a recent increase in whistleblower and compliance-related matters. The practice is headed by Katja van Kranenburg-Hanspians and Michiel van Dijk; the former focuses on restructurings, dismissals and high-profile litigation, while the latter specialises in sports and employment law.
Blockchain, AI and digital transformation of traditional industries forms a large part of CMS‘ broad tech, media, communications and data privacy and protection practice. Head of the employment and TMC sector group Katja Van Kranenburg – Hanspians focuses on data protection and the implementation of IT platforms and preparing contracts with third parties. Senior counsel Simon Sanders is a key contact for tech-related dispute resolution and assistance with the roll-out of new technologies and ecosystems. Rogier de Vrey works on IT matters that intersect with IP, while cybersecurity practitioner Erik Jonkman is a name to note for global and domestic security incidents.
CMS’s privacy and cybersecurity team has a robust cyber incident management practice. Erik Jonkman heads the practice, advising cyber insurers on data theft and ransomware. Head of the TMC sector group Katja van Kranenburg-Hanspians is a key contact for contract matters relating to technology and data, while Edmon Oude Elferink and senior counsel Simon Sanders are other key members of the team, assisting on competition issues related to data protection violations and the privacy aspects of innovative technology systems, respectively.
- Data privacy and data protection Netherlands
- Industry focus: Information technology Netherlands
- Employment Netherlands
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Industry focus: Food
- Industry focus: healthcare and life sciences
- Real estate
- Restructuring and insolvency
- Banking and finance: Borrower side
- Banking and finance: Financial services regulatory
- Banking and finance: lender or arranger side
- Data privacy and data protection
- Energy: regulatory
- Energy: transactional
- Environment and planning
- EU and competition
- Industry focus: Information technology
- Industry focus: retail
- Intellectual property: Patents
- Commercial, corporate and M&a
- Dispute resolution: Commercial litigation
- Industry focus: Media and entertainment
- Intellectual property: trade marks, copyrights and design rights