Mr Edmon Oude Elferink > CMS > Amsterdam, Netherlands > Lawyer Profile
1077 DG AMSTERDAM
- Firm Profile
- Go to...
Mr Edmon Oude Elferink
EU & Competition
Edmon heads the EU & Competition law team at CMS Netherlands. He is based both out of Brussels and Amsterdam. Edmon advises, in particular, on cartel matters, merger control and state aid. He has also developed a strong focus on the interplay between competition law and data protection rules. According to clients, Edmon is a very knowledgeable lawyer and has a hands-on approach.
Edmon previously worked as référendaire at the Court of Justice of the EU. He is a member of the board of the Dutch Association for European Law and of the advisory committee for competition law of the Netherlands Bar.
German, French, English, Dutch
- Dutch Association for European Law
- Dutch Association for Competition Law
- American Bar Association, Antitrust Law Section
- Dutch and European Competition Law, Grotius Academy for Post-Graduate Law Studies
- Master European Law, Europa Institut, Universität des Saarlandes, Germany
- Dutch Law, University of Groningen
Netherlands > Industry focus: Food
CMS‘ multidisciplinary consumer products team assists a range of clients, including producers, retailers, investors and regulators with matters concerning product liability, contamination, recalls, IP and data protection. Aukje Haan and Mark Ziekman are the key names for corporate and commercial matters and Rogier de Vrey handles patent and trademark disputes. Head of the antitrust, competition and trade team Edmon Oude Elferink focuses on cartel, abuse of dominance and merger control matters.
Netherlands > EU and competition
Advising on antitrust, competition and trade matters, CMS is active in merger control, cartel cases, state aid and FDI controls, representing clients before the ECJ, EC, ACM and domestic courts. The firm also has a dawn raid team servicing both Dutch and international clients. Led by Edmon Oude Elferink, the team handles merger notifications, state aid, cartel and abuse of dominance proceedings, as well as follow-on litigation. Elferink has a particular focus on the intersection of competition and data protection.
Netherlands > Industry focus: retail
Chair of CMS‘s international commercial group and head of the Dutch company law team Aukje Haan is a key contact in the retail practice, advising well-known consumer products and retail companies on new sales and distribution models. Haan focuses on drawing up commercial contracts, including distribution, agency and franchise agreements and is experienced in litigation concerning product liability. Mark Ziekman assists clients in M&A transactions and Rogier de Vrey is an experienced IP litigator. Edmon Oude Elferink demonstrates the depth of the practice with expertise in EU competition and data protection law. Counsel Anita Canta is a specialist in dealing with disputes concerning franchisors and franchisees.
Netherlands > Data privacy and data protection
CMS’s privacy and cybersecurity team has a robust cyber incident management practice. Erik Jonkman heads the practice, advising cyber insurers on data theft and ransomware. Head of the TMC sector group Katja van Kranenburg-Hanspians is a key contact for contract matters relating to technology and data, while Edmon Oude Elferink and senior counsel Simon Sanders are other key members of the team, assisting on competition issues related to data protection violations and the privacy aspects of innovative technology systems, respectively.
- Industry focus: Food - Netherlands
- Data privacy and data protection - Netherlands
- EU and competition - Netherlands
- Industry focus: retail - Netherlands
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Industry focus: Food
- Industry focus: healthcare and life sciences
- Real estate
- Restructuring and insolvency
- Banking and finance: Borrower side
- Banking and finance: Financial services regulatory
- Banking and finance: lender or arranger side
- Data privacy and data protection
- Energy: regulatory
- Energy: transactional
- Environment and planning
- EU and competition
- Industry focus: Information technology
- Industry focus: retail
- Intellectual property: Patents
- Commercial, corporate and M&a
- Dispute resolution: Commercial litigation
- Industry focus: Media and entertainment
- Intellectual property: trade marks, copyrights and design rights