Guilherme Rizzo Amaral > Souto Correa Advogados > Porto Alegre, Brazil > Lawyer Profile
Souto Correa Advogados Offices
AV CARLOS GOMES, 700
PORTO ALEGRE, RS CEP 90480-000
- Go to...
Guilherme Rizzo Amaral
International Arbitration; Litigation; and Consumer and Product Liability
Guilherme Rizzo Amaral is the current CEO and one of the founding partners of Souto Correa Advogados. He practices as a lawyer and an arbitrator in local and international arbitrations and strategic litigation.
From 2018 to 2022, he served as a member of the commission established by the International Court of Arbitration of the International Chamber of Commerce for the Belt and Road project (Chinese investment program), and he has been devoting his time and expertise to assist Chinese clients in Brazil.
He was also a member of the commission that assisted the Brazilian Chamber of Deputies in drafting the New Civil Procedure Code.
Portuguese (native), and English
- Former Full Member and Ambassador of the Commission of the International Court of Arbitration of the International Chamber of Commerce for the Belt and Road Initiative (China)
- Member of the International Bar Association (IBA) and of the Editorial Board of the entity’s Arbitration Newsletter
- Member of the International Association of Defense Counsel (IADC)
- Member of the International Association of Procedural Law (IAPL)
- Member of the Iberoamerican Institute of Procedural Law (IIDP)
- Member of the Brazilian Institute of Civil Procedural Law (IBDP)
- Vice-President of the Arbitration and Mediation Chamber of the Brazilian Bar Association of Rio Grande do Sul (OAB/RS)
- Member of the Permanent Commission on Arbitration and Mediation of OAB/RS
- Coordinator of the Legal Committee of the British Chamber of Commerce – Rio Grande do Sul Chapter (BRITCHAM/RS) – 2008
- Member of the Editorial Board of Revista Jurídica Since 2007
- Visiting Scholar (Queen Mary University of London, 2017).
- PhD in Civil Procedural Law (Universidade Federal do Estado do Rio Grande do Sul, 2006).
- Master’s degree in Civil Procedural Law (Pontifícia Universidade Católica do Estado do Rio Grande do Sul, 2002).
- LL.B. Bachelor of Laws (Pontifícia Universidade Católica do Estado do Rio Grande do Sul, 1999).
- Visiting Scholar at the Queen Mary University of London (UK), 2017
- Bachelor of Laws from the Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul (UFRGS), 2006
- Master of Laws from the Pontifical Catholic University of Rio Grande do Sul (RS), 2002
- Bachelor of Laws from the Pontifical Catholic University of Rio Grande do Sul (PUCRS), 1999
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Souto Correa Advogados regularly handles some of the most complex contentious matters in the region for key local and international clients engaged in litigation involving energy, environmental, consumer law, contractual and corporate disputes. In addition, the team has strong credentials in both domestic and international arbitration, and is well equipped to assist clients in mediation proceedings. Class actions are another strong point for the department, which is often retained to act for defendants or industry associations. The practice is jointly led by four partners who focus on dispute resolution: Guilherme Rizzo Amaral, Julia Klarmann, Diogo Squeff Fries – a key point of contact for high-profile civil and commercial disputes – and civil and tax litigation specialist Otávio Augusto Dal Molin Domit.
The arbitration and mediation practice at Souto Correa Advogados represents clients in a wide range of disputes before a variety of arbitral forums, both domestically and abroad. Furthermore, practitioners often serve as arbitrators or expert witnesses in commercial arbitration proceedings. Based in the Porto Alegre office, Guilherme Rizzo Amaral has considerable experience acting as arbitrator and counsel in complex cases. Luis Alberto Peretti is the name to note in São Paulo; his notable areas of practice include arbitrations related to M&A and construction projects. Marcelo Gandelman is the key contact in Rio de Janeiro.
‘Composed of highly qualified and experienced professionals in judicial, administrative and arbitration disputes’, the team at Souto Correa Advogados is well versed in litigation involving consumer law, environmental issues, construction, energy, contractual and corporate disputes. The team – which is predominantly based in Porto Alegre – is under the leadership of Guilherme Rizzo Amaral, Julia Klarmann and Otávio Augusto Dal Molin Domit. Roberta Feiten Silva leads on product liability cases and consumer lawsuits, and Ricardo Quass Duarte is noted for his work in complex civil litigation.
- Dispute resolution - Brazil > City focus - Porto Alegre
- Leading individuals - Brazil > City focus - Porto Alegre > Dispute resolution
- Dispute Resolution: Arbitration - Brazil
- Dispute Resolution: Litigation - Brazil
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Commercial, corporate and M&A
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Dispute resolution
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Labour
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Tax