Eduardo Mascarenhas > Souto Correa Advogados > Porto Alegre, Brazil > Lawyer Profile
Souto Correa Advogados Offices
AV CARLOS GOMES, 700
PORTO ALEGRE, RS CEP 90480-000
- Go to...
Labor, and Union Relations and Collective Bargaining
Head of the firm´s Labor practice.
Eduardo Mascarenhas has extensive experience in labor law, representing clients in complicated labor disputes and counseling businesses of all sizes and industries on labor liability management and restructuring.
His litigation practice focuses on the defense and monitoring of high-risk claims, including public civil actions, class actions, occupational accidents, and employment ties of leading contractors.
He represents clients before the Regional Labor Courts (TRTs) and the Superior Labor Court (TST), and also handles administrative demands before the Public Labor Ministry (civil investigations, preparatory procedures, and terms of conduct adjustment), work audits (health and safety, working hours, hiring people with disabilities, and apprentices), and the National Social Security Institute (INSS).
In the consultancy area, Eduardo’s practice includes preparing opinions, drafting and reviewing internal policies, such as the implementation of benefits, awards, and remote work, auditing internal processes, and training managers. He operates mostly in the agribusiness, pharmaceuticals, financial services, technology, civil construction, retail, industry, health, and transportation industries.
- Full Member of the Institute of Business Studies (IEE)
- Director of the Association of Corporate Labor Lawyers of Rio Grande do Sul (SATERGS)
- Extension course in U.S. Legal Methods from The George Washington University Law School (EUA) – 2018
- Extension course in Labor Law and Labor Process by the School of Labor Magistracy of Rio Grande do Sul – 2016
- Post-graduate Diploma in Business Law from the Pontifical Catholic University of Rio Grande do Sul (PUC-RS) – 2012
- Bachelor of Laws from PUC-RS, 2010
A popular choice for international and domestic clients from the energy, construction, manufacturing, tech and pharmaceutical segments, the labour team at Souto Correa Advogados is noted for its broad expertise, which covers class actions, collective negotiations and employment contracts. In addition to its strength in administrative and judicial litigation, the group is seasoned in alternative dispute resolution, often acting for tech companies in mediation proceedings. On the compliance front, the practice offers services, including risk assessments and advice on data protection policies, aimed at preventing high-stakes claims. Union relations expert Paulo Roberto Souto oversees the department with associate Eduardo Mascarenhas, who is well versed in cases before the Ministry of Labour and the Superior Labour Court. Also recommended is associate Geraldo Korpaliski Filho, who has extensive expertise in complex labour disputes and contracts.
Souto Correa Advogados offers an ‘exclusive service, with highly specialised and knowledgeable professionals‘ who are ‘always very well prepared and available to advise‘. The multidisciplinary team is split between the firm’s Porto Alegre and São Paulo offices, and has a strong following among clients in the technology, media, retail and manufacturing industries. Paulo Souto and the recently promoted Patricia Alves are ‘outstanding‘, while Joel Heinrich Gallo brings plenty of expertise in litigation and strategic matters. Clients also benefit from the input of several experienced senior associates, including Eduardo Mascarenhas and the ‘extremely qualified‘ Manoela Pascal Martins.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Commercial, corporate and M&A
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Dispute resolution
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Labour
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Tax
- Tax > Customs
- Dispute Resolution: Litigation
- Energy and natural resources > Electricity (and renewable energy)
- Intellectual property
- Dispute Resolution: Arbitration
- Labour and employment
- Life sciences
- Real estate
- Restructuring and insolvency
- Tax > Tax advisory
- TMT: Media
- Corporate and M&A
- Transport: Aviation
- Energy and natural resources > Hydrocarbons