Ms Patricia Bandouk Carvalho > TozziniFreire Advogados > Sao Paulo, Brazil > Lawyer Profile
TozziniFreire Advogados Offices
R. BORGES LAGOA 1328
SAO PAULO, SP
- Go to...
Ms Patricia Bandouk Carvalho
Partner of TozziniFreire Advogados, Patricia has over 15 years of experience in the Antitrust area, focusing on the negotiation of leniency and settlements negotiations involving multiple authorities, including the coordination of internal investigations. She has solid expertise in cartel case defenses and merger reviews. Her practice also comprises advising clients with compliance programs, distribution and commercial policies.
- Member of CECORE (Commission of Competition and Economic Regulation Studies) of OAB/SP (Brazilian Bar Association, São Paulo section).
- Member of IBRAC’s (Brazilian Institute of Studies of Competition) Competition Committee.
- Specialized degree in Economic Law from FGV (Fundação Getulio Vargas), 2011.
- Graduate of the Law School of Universidade Presbiteriana Mackenzie, 2008.
Lawyer Rankings(Next Generation Partners)
TozziniFreire Advogados ‘remains one of the great references in Brazil when it comes to high-end corporate law firms‘. In competition and antitrust, the firm has established an impressive track record in the negotiation of leniency agreements with CADE, an area in which it maintains a large market share. The practice can also be seen representing companies in cartel and unilateral conduct investigations, and merger filings. Other distinguishing features include the team’s experience at CADE, with several of its lawyers having previously worked at the authority. Beyond the core competition group, the firm is also able to deploy cross-practice teams to cover the interconnected antitrust, compliance and white-collar criminal law aspects of complex cases. Tatiana Lins Cruz and Patricia Bandouk Carvalho are highlighted for their ability ‘to engage and dialogue with relevant authorities in this area at a high level‘. The well-regarded Marcelo Calliari leads the ‘highly qualified‘ team, which also includes Vivian Fraga, who is also a member of the firm’s Asia desk and as such acts for a number of Chinese, Korean and Japanese clients; Guilherme Ribas; and Marcel Medon Santos.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Commercial, corporate and M&A
- Competition and antitrust
- Labour and employment
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Tax
- Banking and finance
- Capital markets
- Corporate and M&A
- Tax > Customs
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Dispute resolution
- Dispute Resolution: Arbitration
- Dispute Resolution: Litigation
- City focus - Brasilia > Government relations
- Public law
- TMT: Cybersecurity and data privacy
- TMT: Tech, innovation and digital business
- Energy and natural resources > Electricity (and renewable energy)
- International trade
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Labour
- Life sciences
- Projects and infrastructure
- City focus - Brasilia > Public law and regulation
- Real estate
- Tax > Tax advisory
- Tax > Tax litigation
- TMT: Media
- TMT: Telecoms
- Intellectual property
- White-collar crime and investigations