Mr Alexandre de Almeida Cardoso > TozziniFreire Advogados > Sao Paulo, Brazil > Lawyer Profile
TozziniFreire Advogados Offices
R. BORGES LAGOA 1328
SAO PAULO, SP
- Go to...
Mr Alexandre de Almeida Cardoso
Labor, Litigation Management , Automotive
Partner in the Labor practice group at TozziniFreire, Alexandre has extensive experience in assisting employers in preventive counseling, including global employment, labor compliance, data privacy and social media, confidentiality and non-compete agreements, compensation and benefits. He also represents companies in negotiations with unions. A relevant portion of Alexandre´s practice involves the defense of employers in wrongful termination conflicts, executive employment contracts disputes and in public civil actions filed by the Public Prosecutor´s Office.
English and Spanish.
- Holder of the Chair No. 37 of APDT (São Paulo Labor Law Academy).
- Member of AASP (São Paulo Lawyers Association).
- Member of IASP (Institute of Lawyers of São Paulo).
- Professor in the graduate and postgraduate programs at Universidade São Judas Tadeu.
- Studied at the Academy of American and International Law of The Center for American and International Law, USA, 2006.
- Doctor’s degree in Labor Law from the Law School of USP (Universidade de São Paulo), 2003.
- Master’s degree in Labor Law from the Law School of USP, 1999.
- Graduate of the Law School of USP, 1996.
TozziniFreire Advogados has established an excellent reputation in labour law. Its lawyers provide strong employment support to the firm’s wider corporate offering, regularly assisting with related M&A transactions and company restructurings. The team also has a good track record in managing potentially contentious issues, including plant closures, mass redundancies and negotiations with the unions. When matters do go to court, the firm’s litigators regularly represent employers at the highest level, including major collective and individual lawsuits. Highly rated practice heads Alexandre de Almeida Cardoso and Marcelo Pereira Gômara are supported by high-quality individuals, including Mihoko Sirley Kimura and Fernanda Bianco Pimentel.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Commercial, corporate and M&A
- Competition and antitrust
- Corporate and M&A
- Labour and employment
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Tax
- Banking and finance
- Capital markets
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Dispute resolution
- Dispute resolution: arbitration
- Dispute resolution: Litigation
- Energy and natural resources > Electricity
- City focus - Brasilia > Government relations
- Life sciences
- Public law
- TMT: Cybersecurity and data privacy
- International trade and customs
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Labour
- Projects and infrastructure
- City focus - Brasilia > Public law and regulation
- Real estate
- TMT: Tech, innovation and digital business
- Intellectual property
- TMT: Telecoms and media